“good and very enjoyable diving spots”

Diving Centre Blue Dolphin
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good and very enjoyable diving spots”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Very clean waters and fish to see, the diving personnel is nice, it looked a little bit tired with us, probably because of the end of the high season. This center serves different hotels and organizes also pick ups with a bus. Only negative aspect: some boat dives turned out to be dives from the beach, because of the lack of experienced divers.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank lullaby56

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Dive Centre - Great People- Great Experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The centre is part of the Elounda Village Hotel and we chose the hotel for this reason. The Dive Centre is run by Lucky assisted by Diana and Pierre, all great people. I wanted to get my one hundredth dive in and did 11 dives in total including my first night dive with Diana. I took my own equipment but in fact theirs is excellent and I need not have bothered.
Lucky insists on a small dive check with skills like mask flooding/clearance and regulator recovery from all divers, irrespective of experience. This is reassuring and underlines the saety first attitude of the team overall.

There are a huge variety of dives. You can go from the hotel breakwater of more often out in the boat. All dives sites are within around ten minutes of the hotel and there are no tedious joureys before you get the chance to dive.

One great point is the Friday night divers dinners to include partners. Lucky picked us up from the hotel when we had a few drinks in town before going to a little family run taverna. Here we had a traditonal meal with more dishes than we could count and local wine. We then ended back in Elounda in a bar after which Lucky was happy to drive us back to the hotel at some unearthly hour of the morning. Needless to say the centre is closed on Saturday!

I have dived in many places around the world and would struggle to mention another dive centre that is as well run and customer focused as this one. Okay dives are typical mediteranean but there is lots to see with interesting amphora and even more interesting munitions lying about, just do not touch!

Given a return trip to Crete I shall certainly return to dive with this team!

Visited May 2011
3 Thank Greylagkarate
Casablanca, Morocco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Hey,

I passed the advanced open water certification there (deep dive, night dive)
It was great, Lucky is such a great instructor he speaks (Dutch, english, spanish, some french and greck). I understood everything he was saying, great location and great people.

Thanks lucky and the spot was great :)

hOtY from Morocco

Visited July 2011
1 Thank hotyb
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent diving at Blue Dolphin”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

This is a really well run dive company, with first class equipment for hire. The price is reasonable and the diving really good. Lucky and his wife who own the dive centre, and the staff are all really friendly and knowledgable. We have just returned and wished we had booked more dives.
They also arrange a Divers evening on Fridays, which meant a trip to a local mountain restaurant with loads of good food.

3 Thank justinsally
san diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Diving Experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

For a great diving experience in or around Elounda, the Blue Dolphin Diving Center is a MUST. As I had never scuba dived before, my husband (who is certified) and I signed up for a three and a half hour scuba discovery course. The experience was exceptional! They arranged transportation to and from our hotel, had us watch a 30 minute introduction to scuba video, followed by more in depth introduction to the art of scuba (including the musts and must nots, as well as a review of the equipment), and finally, we took to the water after much help getting wetsuits on! We then spent some time in the Mediterranean in a quiet cove reviewing and performing some basic safety exercises. Then, off we were on our first dive – about 30 minutes, to 10 meters, with the interesting underwater flora and fauna that is the Mediterranean. With the patience of a saint, the owner known as “Lucky” negotiated my first scuba experience, inspiring confidence and calm, and holding my hand the entire dive! It was an exceptional first experience, and I highly recommend Lucky” and the Blue Dolphin to anyone interested in a discovery or more expert underwater experience.

8 Thank marcusmd02