“one of my favourites”
Review of Thea Restaurant

Thea Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 123 Restaurants in Elounda
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 900 Meters From The Square Of Elounda On The Main Road To Agios Nikolaos Walking Time 10 - 15 Min. Distance from hotels Elounda Bay palace 5 min walk. Elounda Beach hotel 10 to 15 min walk. Elounda Mare hotel 15 to 20 min walk. Porto Elounda Mare 25 to 30 min walk. Elounda Domus 5 klm(taxi required) Elounda Blue Palace 6 klm (taxi required).
Reviewed July 1, 2011

just returned from 2 fantastic weeks in elounda and visited the thea(again) lots of times during our stay manolis the owner is fantastic nothing to much trouble my sisters favourite meal was the pork in 4 cheeses she loved it you must try the chocolate cake the best ive ever tasted ....i go back in september with my husband son and granddaughter cant wait to go back to the thea would recomend to this restaurant to anyone well worth the visit

There are newer reviews for Thea Restaurant

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We have been going to Elounda since 2004 and first got to know Manolis then. He runs a superb restaurant with friendly relaxed service. We try other places in Elounda but each time we finish up having the majority of our evening meals at Thea. This time, Manolis asked if we fancied something a bit special, so he bought a whole leg of lamb for us and slow-roasted it after coating it in a garlic sauce. Absolutely gorgeous. On my wife's birthday he presented her with a cake and candles. Him and Suzy are now counted as friends. Its not the cheapest place to eat in Elounda, but if you like good Greek food, very reasonably priced wines, and a good atmosphere then you won't find anything better in the area.

1  Thank HarryCoeBean
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Having visited Elounda & eating out quite a lot, we were drawn back to the Thea. The service from both Sue & Manolis was excellent. The food is absolutely brilliant , as others eating around us agreed. Pity the restaurant is on the opposite side to the village square as it would be packed every night ! Mind you good for us that it is ! Be sure if you visit Elounda definitely make sure you visit the Thea ( on the road out to Ag Nik ), you will not be disappointed. We are looking forward to visiting Elounda again this year & hopefully will be in the Thea every night.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have just returned from the most amazing holiday in Elounda and Thea was the best restaurant by far we ate in during our stay. The food here is amazing and very good value for money - even the drinks aren't over priced as they are in so many of the others we tried.
The restaurant has a great atmosphere and nothing is too much trouble - very friendly and relaxed just as you imagine a Greek taverna should be.
We had a great time chatting with Manolis and Suzie and after having read The Island it was a real treat to see some pictures of the filming on Spinalonga in which Manolis was an extra. I can't wait to see it!
I really cannot recommend Thea enough - we will definately be back!
Try it for yourself, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Emma & Steven (Manchester)

Reviewed June 23, 2011

We visited Thea after reading other reviews. and we are glad we did.
Manolis is lovely, he won't mind if like us ( our first visit) you only want to have a drink or two, you are made just as welcome as people who are dining.

On our last evevning we ate at Thea and it was really nice and very relaxing I had the Beef with Grand (broad) Beans and my husband had the Grilled Chicken both were excellent.

For desert I had the Chocolate Cake with ice cream (made by Manolis's other half sorry I don't know her name ) and it was absolute heaven, so light and just melted in your mouth,I usually go for traditional Greek deserts as I love them but I certainly made the right choice that night.

We stayed at the Elounda Palm and Thea is on the left hand side of the road going into Elounda.

Even if you don't have time to have a meal it is well worth a visit, call in for an orange juice (fresh) very nice on a hot day walking to Elounda and back ( which is a pleasant walk along the seafront).

Manolis will make you very welcome, look forward to returnig again soon.