“Locals have it nailed”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent fresh fish, greek traditions, sea bass was fresh off the boat. Ask for Nick, he is the best.

There are newer reviews for Vritomartes Restaurant

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Vritomartes is located in an ideal location in the middle of the Elounda port.
The service is fair and the food is ok.
There are better options all around.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Like I have just read in another review we we spoke to a polite meet n greet gentlemen at the menu board and then wondered in to the restaurant where we were left guessing whether to sit at the nearest table or to wait. We sat where I decided as no one came to assist. Food turned up and was delicious but overhaul I would say there was and odd atmosphere between the waiters and waitresses which made for and overhaul poor service as we were asked a question by the chap taking our order and as we were responding he walked off not wanting to hear a reply at which point he had already delelgated our service to another of his colleagues which is why I think this restaurant only deserves a 2 out of 10 for service. Should be so much better as the location is lovely. Think I will try the no.1 rated Ferryman next time we drive to Elounda as even my guide book recommends it :-)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went with family sat on outside tables jutting out into harbour, Excellent position and views. Food was execellent my wife and I had the pork for two it was absolutely humungous. Good childrens menu. Good service. Was very busy which speaks for itself. All in all a very goodTaverna to which will would return.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

myself and wife called in here one evening and were seated out at the end of the restaurant's 'pier'.great location to be seated i thought.we had beautiful tomato soup as a starter and then the chicken souvlaki.our side order of bread was massive and must have been about half a loaf, no joke.the staff could have been a bit 'happier' shall we say, but overall the experience was very good. we must have been lucky going by the other reviews!!!!