“Excellent Greek Taverna”

Vachus Taverna
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Elounda
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family taverna.Fotis,eleni and fotini in kitchen-Dimitris,nikos and sotiris in serve.29 Years taverna.Kopiaste to serve our home made food.OPA!!!!!!
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We lunched here most days of our holiday and the food was fabulous. Wonderful choice of fresh fish and seafood and cooked perfectly. The staff are delightful and altogether it was a v good experience. Can't wait till next year.

1  Thank mel-mil-17

Reviewed October 8, 2018

A traditional taverna offering a wide selection of dishes at reasonable prices.
Staff very efficient and helpful.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Majik67
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We went as a group of 7 for a Birthday Dinner. I had visted the restaurant 2 days previous and asked for a cake to be available.

Our table was reserved. When we were arrived we were greeted by the Owner and staff and made really welcome. This team strive and achieve top class service and food.

We had such a variety of meals testing of the chefs was put to the limit. I will say one thing Service is not the quickest. However, the food served is cooked to order. So what’s the hurry? Plenty of time between courses to enjoy the company of friends and gently sip your drinks.

The cake arrived at the end of the meal and the team serenaded. With lights dimmed and sang Happy Birthday.

A great evening was had by all.

Thank you.

2  Thank 379adiel
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We were here as a group of friends celebrating a birthday. We went the first time and found the staff and owner delughtful and friendly. They are proud of their taverna and so they should be the food was perfect and being 7 of us a variety of dishes were eaten - all of them perfect, tasty and well presented. We returned again for the birthday evening and their hospitality was second to none, and again food was perfect. Will definately be comung back. Thank you Vacchus Taverna

3  Thank karenkS7668QC
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming to Elounda for the last 5 years. I was introduced to the Vachus by my family on my first visit I’m 2013. Each year I come back here and eat at least 2-3 times a week. A meticulously run family business and now I’m very privileged to be recognised as a familiar face, it always comes across that there are also plenty more regulars in the restaurant each time I visit, which is also a good sign.

My girlfriend came with me this year for her first visit and she fell in love with the place and it’s hospitality. Food is very reasonably priced and the quality surpasses that. I recommend the Pork Souvlaki if you get the chance ! Also the pasta dishes are very good, and the fish dishes are cooked to perfection. Perfect with local wines or an ice cold draught beer. Plenty of options for the local cuisine on the menu too. If you ever stay in Elounda, this place is a must visit. Friendly , attentive staff who go above and beyond. I can’t wait for next years return!

Date of visit: September 2018