“Absolutely amazing...”

Lotus Eaters Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Elounda
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stumbled across here early evening on my second day in Elounda. I was made to immediately feel at home which hasn't always been the case when dining out alone as although generally accepted, it seems to leave some people uneasy. With recommendations on food, and a stunning view out across the harbour, I was already sold.

That was before the food even arrived. When it did, I was bowled over, I'd ordered the Dakos, a traditional dish as a starter, and the quantity provided would've served as a main, this was followed by the most exquisitely cooked sole. Kept plain and simple, it was cooked to perfection.

I decided to return there for my birthday a few nights later. A decision well made. Once again, I was bowled over by the starter - I'd opted for taramasalata this time, and the sea bass main, which at my request was filleted out the back. (I don't like the sight of fish heads although I understand this is usually done at the table)

With a trio of amazing chocolate desserts - the Baileys cheesecake was extremely nice (and I make my own to request - this was better) - complimentary, the experience from start to finish was fantastic.

I would definitely recommend this venue, although recommend booking in advance as it fills up quickly.

A big thank you to both Daniel and Andreea.

There are newer reviews for Lotus Eaters Restaurant

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We're a family of 4 currently holidaying locally. We visited Lotus Eaters after reading the recommendations here and this restaurant surpassed all expectations. From the Moroccan lamb, the spaghetti bolognese to the homemade curry and the peppered steak the food is superb. We've eaten here twice already and are booked in already. Right by the sea and run by two perfect hosts we cannot recommend this highly enough.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The location at the port and very likeable service made it a reau enjoyable dinner. The hosts take care of tourists and were honestly concerned with our well being.

Some dishes were delicious (Maroccan lamb, fresh pita bread, shrimp or feta saganaki), others rather average for Greece (taramosalata, anchovies or octopus).

Good place to eat with solid cooking and very friendly hosts.

1  Thank Matyas L
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We ate at this restaurant based on the Tripadvisor reviews we had read and were glad we did. We live in Greece so are used to Greek food done well so were keen not to fall into any tourist traps in Elounda.....although the couple running the restaurant aren't Greek the food was pretty good. We ate Prawn Saganaki, chicken curry (for the kids!) some little tomato breads with anchovies and some other small dishes. It was a really windy night, our first in Crete, and the kids were freezing. There were no tables inside but we were given blankets to wrap around us which was a nice touch!

Elounda itself is not the prettiest part of Crete im sure, but you could do worse than eat here. We even got some homemade apricot tart and some ice cream on the house!

1  Thank Roseys
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a fabulous meal here and it was amazing value compared to some of the other restaurants in elounda. The staff were friendly, the portions plentiful and the house wine exceptional.