“One of the best meals we've had for a long time”

Lotus Eaters Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Elounda
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Definitely one of the best meals we've had in a long time. We had three courses and really enjoyed it all. The dark chocolate, rosemary and sea salt dessert was fabulous to finish off the meal. Excellent friendly service. We are still in Elounda and will be going back before we return home.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

If we do compare this restaurant with the typical greek restaurants on the Island we could be quite disappointed.
Normally you get better food for the same price.
However the service was very good: the owners are native english speakers and they treat the customers very well.
An element that somehow confirms my suspects on the food quality is the nationality of the customers of the restaurant: 95% british + 5% international (but no greek !)

1  Thank andrew2k
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I were in Elounda in April 14 and had one of the best meals ever at the Lotus Eaters. Great atmosphere, helped by the views of the setting sun over the bay. What makes the place is the high quality of food and service at a sensible price. My wife is a fussy eater but cleared her plate and we cannot wait to go back again. Can get busy so make sure you book to avoid disappointment. We highly recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were nearly half way through our fortnight in Elouanda when we tried Lotus Eaters for the first time. Well more fool us! The fact that we ate there a further three times including a memorable 'last night of holiday' meal speaks volumes for the food and ambience on offer.
The restaurant offers comfortable seats on a raised terrace with views to die for. As other reviewers have said the reasonably priced menu is shorter than many others in Elouanda but there is still more than ample choice for anyone who loves good food, freshly prepared from quality local produce. What they do they do very well.
You are allowed to enjoy your meal at your own pace with friendly, respectful input from the couple who run the restaurant.
A perfect spot for a romantic lunch or dinner.
Since returning home we have already recommended Lotus Eaters to friends visiting Crete soon.
I extend that recommendation to all.
This restaurant will be our first port of call when we return to Elouanda !

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My partner and I visited the Lotus Eaters 24th May due to the impressive reviews it has received. We had not made a reservation and where drawn in by the great view of Elounda bay.The couple who run the front of house made us feel extremely welcome and like old friends, now I have eaten in a lot of restaurants and I would say that the Lotus Eaters offers some of the best front of house service I have experienced. The menu is not huge, it is in fact just right, and this is a positive thing in my opinion in that the food is all produced in the kitchen on site, so no frozen cheese pies or vinegary perfect vine leaves. No what you get is fantastic food made from locally sourced ingredients, and service that is unsurpassed.

Another surprise is the bill, the whole dining experience will not break the budget, in fact the price is very reasonable indeed.

What they have achieved at the Lotus Eaters is the perfect balance of great food and perfect service by knowing what they are good at and not trying to grow the business beyond control - congratulations to the staff and owners for making this one of the best meals of our holiday :-)

1  Thank Tandemflyer