Recently stayed here for a two week holiday.
Having read the reviews for these apartments my review is probably going to be somewhat controversial! I hovered on giving an overall rating of either average or very good for some time. I would have given a rating of good if this had been available but unfortunately it was not. Having considered this very carefully I decided average was the correct rating.
The apartments met our expectations, rooms were spacious, clean and basically equipped with fridge, air conditioning which is expensive at 50euros a week, two hot plates ( one large and one small), basic crockery and cutlery. With only one saucepan it would be difficult to cook a meal if you were on a budget and wanted to save money by staying in. Towels and linen changed every couple of days. Bathroom was clean but with a bit of a temperamental shower from time to time.
The pool area was quite nice although the pool was small compared to others. However there is a garden area where you can sit and read or sunbath although occasionally there was quite an unpleasant smell.
Having spent two weeks in Santorini in August of last year at a cost of almost £200 per person cheaper I have to say that I felt the cost we paid for this holiday was on the high side. Our accommodation last year was very similar but with a bigger and better pool area and included transfers from the airport.
Wifi is available but only by the pool area, we never managed to get it in our room. Also the TV is in the bedroom and is very small.
That having been said the reviews about the staff are correct, in particular Lynne and Peter who were more than happy to give suggestions of where to go and where to eat which was extremely helpful.
I have to agree that the apartments are in a good location, right by the sea, close to restaurants and a nice 10 minute stroll into the centre of Elounda. If you like cocktails then I would strongly recommend the Venue Bar in the square - best Mai Tai's and lovely nibbles.
Elounda is a good base for exploring the east side of Crete and there is some stunning scenery. The apartments were a good base to do this from.
I am genuinely sorry if some people feel that my rating is unfair but overall whilst in some ways the apartments slightly (only) exceeded expectations it would be wrong for me to say they are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elounda Sunrise apartments are ready to host each visitor and provide them with an unforgettable experience. The neat, friendly atmosphere, the clean and beautiful environment, the friendly personnel will do everything to make your stay a memorable one. The complex includes a restaurant for breakfast and dinner, next to the swimming-pool with a fantastic view of the Gulf of Elounda. In the central bar there is satellite television, a swimming-pool with a swimming area for children, a place for gathering, wireless Internet connection. If you want to take your laptop from home, you are more then welcome to use our wireless connection. All the rooms have private heating and air conditioning, telephone, safe, mini-bar, satellite television, bathroom and balcony with great sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Elounda Sunrise Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elounda Sunrise Apartments Hotel Elounda
- Sunrise Apartments Hotel Elounda
- Elounda Sunrise Apartments Crete