This is a marvellous resort hotel, with amazing views and excellent service. The resort is set on quite a slope, so you either get quite a lot of exercise up and down the hillside, or rely up the readily available chauffeured buggies. The views of the bay and Spinalonga are wonderful.
The only issue we have with had was with the meals. The main restaurant (Tholos) is a buffet service, which is wonderful for breakfast, but less inspiring for evening dining. Also the Anthos restaurant is a wonderful location with excellent service, but the food is average and massively over-priced. Our starters were fine, but both our main course fish dishes were served with the same over-cooked, stodgy risotto; neither of us could finish this. The deserts were boring and not worth close to 42 Euros price. Thankfully there are many better restaurants available in Elounda, particularly the Kalypso.Take our advice do stay at this wonderful resort, but eat out as the food is much better elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete