Our stay at the domes had a great start. Due to our flight we were only scheduled to arrive around 23:00. We were told we could still have dinner, it turned out they kept one of the restaurants open longer for us, the beach side restaurant and the food was great (try the fresh fish!)
The reception at the hotel was always very friendly, and ready to help out.
We liked our room a lot, it was very spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. Upon arrival there was complementary fruit and wine.
The resort did not feel like a big resort, this was due to the smart design. In April the gardens were stunning!
The facilities look great, due to the time of the year the pools were too cold, but the spa was excellent.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection. As the domes is a child friendly resort indeed there are lot of children running around, but as a couple we quite enjoyed this (and the staff were ready to offer us a table at the more quiet patio). The only improvement I would suggest is to have more fresh fruit at the breakfast buffet.
We explored the towns in the area, finding lots of restaurants and interesting sites, very easy to do with a rental car.
In all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider coming back.
Many thanks to the staff for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete