Stayed at the Domes for a week in October as a family of 3 (daughter aged 3). Bed and breakfast. A very good hotel with excellent staff that provide an all-round 5 star experience that was very relaxing. The Domes is just outside Elounda with fantastic views over the island of Spinalonga (worth a boat trip from Plaka)
What's good / great:?
Service levels were excellent across the board from start to finish - good with children and nothing too much trouble
Nice rooms, well equipped with great views - hot tub a nice touch (we were in a 1 bed suite which was fine as daughter slept in lounge area)
Breakfast is excellent in terms of both variety and quality
The golf buggy ride up the hill to your suite can save weary legs and the children love it
Private beach provides lovely alternative to the pool - plenty of shade available
Kids club facilities run by reputable firm
All suites / villas set up means that even when fully booked it still doesn't feel crowded
WiFi seemed to work well everywhere, even on the beach
Could do better:
The food and drink on site is expensive for what it is and lacks variety (apart from breakfast). We went to the Cretan dining experience one night and it was not really worth it. More variety at lunch would be better. Better value to head in to Elounda and try some of the restaurants there, especially if you are with children, for a bit of variety and, in some cases, great quality.
The main pool area doesn't feel particularly luxurious, although perfectly fine and the beach is a better option I think.
All in all, an excellent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete