We've just come back from the Domes of Elounda after a week's holiday there. The hotel is beautiful and in a fantastic location. Our room was spacious and had a lovely bathroom and shower. The staff are excellent and helpful in every way. However we had two issues. 1) We have never been to a 5* hotel before where there is no waiter service at the evening meal - at the Domes it is buffet. 2) The hotel caters for families with young children and not for couples, young or older. The evening meal was bedlam in the extreme. Screaming and wailing children each and every night. When they weren't doing that they were running around the tables and it wasn't easy to enjoy the food. The bar is extortionate - 2 gin and tonics cost 20 euros - during happy hour the cost was 14 euros. We didn't get change from the 15 euros we put on the bar though!
As I said before the staff are excellent and have the patience of Job when it came to the antics of the children. The parents had absolutely no control over them at all. Although there are supposed to be 'quiet areas' where you can get some peace I'm afraid these are not respected by the children or their parents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete