We had what could only be described as a perfect holiday untill the last day. Before we left the UK we had arranged a late checkout as we werent due to be leaving the hotel untill 8pm-bearing in mind we arrived at 2am on our first day we thought this would be a reasonable request. The last day came and we were told we had to leave the room at midday-after wrangling with staff and several calls we were told the latest we could stay in the room was 4pm (although it had been agreed in UK to keep the room) and that we would use the hotels factilities untill our transport arrived. At 6.30pm we then went to the restaurant for dinner, whilst eating we were presented with a 70 euro bill for the salads that we were eating (we were half board!) and were gobsmacked!!!!! We then told the staff that we were due to be leaving shortly and we were merely eating a quick snack that we were perfectly entitled to before departing, only to be told in a restaurant full of people that they were having to get the manager! At this point we left our meals and went to reception to sort this ridiculousness out. After a 30 minute wait because the manager could not be located we were told that our last meal isnt included and that we have to pay and unless we do they would charge our credit card anyway in a showdown manner at reception!! I must say I was appalled at the way the Duty manager spoke to us and it was such a shame that the holiday was spoilt at the last minute and left us a little shell shocked.
Apart from the above the whole week was fabulous and everything we wanted was catered for throughout the week, the children loved the kids club and the food was very good. The ending to our break has left a bitter taste in my mouth so for that reason wouldnt return.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete