We have just returned from the most fabulous family holiday here and I would really, really recommend it. We booked through Baby Friendly Boltholes and chose a 2 bed villa with a pool so we could max out on our down time when our 18 month old took his lunchtime nap. The villa itself was a perfect size, not mega roomy but perfect for our needs though the kitchen utensils etc were a little on the sparse side (ie no wooden spoon, potato peeler, tea towels etc) but the service is extraordinary and nothing feels like too much trouble. A stair gate was put on for us, we got a highchair, a BBQ with coal, room service would leave dishwasher tabs and linen napkins for us to use as tea towels and all done with a smile and really efficiently - George was wonderful!
The villas are situated a little way out from the main buildings so really private and when you want to go to the main resort you dial reception and a golf buggy comes out to get you and my son just adored these rides more than anything and the drivers were like Greek Gods in their little uniforms, and standing to attention as you get in. Christian and Nickos in particular were also super cute with the baby and would beep the horn to make him laugh. We booked on a bed and breakfast basis so heaven not to have to think about food first thing and the breakfasts pretty much had everything you could wish for (unless you are a supremely fussy English lady who made the biggest fuss I have ever heard wanting a teapot and very, very hot water for her tea!!). Again the service was amazing, with staff cooing over our son and the omlette chef would make him eggy bread.
The setting is divine - views over the sea, a cute little beach, stunning pool and we used the creche for our son for 4 mornings. I think he would have rather been on the beach with us but it is well set up and Jem, Ricky and Emma are lovely (we also took advantage of the babysitting service for 3 nights which worked brilliantly) and plenty of buckets and spades to buy from the hotel shop. We ate regularly at the pool restaurant (the beef and ciabatta was very over-priced but everything else pretty much as you would expect from a place of this quality) and ate at the fish restaurant one night which was delicious - the Idyll dry rose wine is very tasty.
For a couple who loved the boutique experience pre-parenthood and hankered after something similar but who weren't sure it was possible with an over-active, noisy toddler this was like striking gold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete