we were her in Mya 2012 right from arriving at reception we could tell this was going to be a fabulous hotel. We had booked the promo suite but they upgraded us without even asking. We arrived after the restaurant had closed but they had arranged for cold cut and cheese and bread and fruit and wine and water to been waiting for us at our suite. We were taken up to our suite by a golf buggy. The room was amazing we had two balconies one with a hot tub and the other with a white sofa nad table and chairs with the most breath taking views over the water and to spalonga.
The best value option is half board and this even gets you 15 euro discout in the al catre restaurant which is down on the beach - its a must do!. All the staff were extremely lovely couldnt do enough for you. It did get bussy at breakfast but where doesnt! Liying by the pool was very peaceful and the quality of the food in the pool bar was excellent - My Husband had the best burger of his life but you do have to wait a while on it coming.
We got a taxi in to Elounda a couple of nites it is 7 euro each way we had the most amazing steaks in a restaurant that literally sit in the water I would highly recommend. If you head in the other direction there is a very small village with a cafe bar and a supermarket it is within walking distance about 10 mins. this is where we go the bus to Ag Nik. It is a very special place to visit and the bus will drop you at your hotel you dont have to go back to the original bus stop.
It would be a dream come to true to return to the Domes, we cant wait!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection is set on the most privileged hill and offers luxurious accommodation with spa bath overlooking the island of Spinalonga and its Venetian castle. It has a spa and 5 restaurants serving haute cuisine dishes, a sandy beach and many swimming pools. Each of the air-conditioned suites is uniquely decorated and has easy access to the private sandy beach. They include a spacious living room with wooden floors and a satellite LCD TV. Some suites also have a private pool or open-air hot tub. This year, the new Domes Luxury Residences, along with the stunning Domes Ultraluxe Villas, come with the 'Haute Living Selection', essentially creating an exclusive haute-luxury villa boutique experience, within the already impressive resort of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection. The spa of Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection includes an interior seawater pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub. It also offers rejuvenating therapies, such as facial and massage treatments. The 5 restaurants offer casual beachside settings or elegant dining rooms with panoramic sea views. Guests can taste progressive Greek cuisine, seafood and Cretan dishes. An Asian restaurant is also possible. The hotel is very conveniently located. The village of Elounda is 2.5 km away. Part of the Elounda myth, is the Venetian Castle on the Island of Spinalonga, the setting for Victoria Hislop's bestselling novel "The Island". The lively seaside town of Agios Nikolaos is within 12 km of Domes of Elounda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domes Of Elounda All Suites And Villas Spa Hotel Elounda
- Domes Elounda Hotel
- Domes Elounda Resort
- Domes Of Elounda, Autograph Collection Crete