We booked this hotel because we though it was going to be better value for money since chania town centre is old style and small. It happened to be quite far from everything and luckly we got a car rented for the holidays so we could go back to town at night to have some food otherwise is quite isoleted.
The sorroundings are very nice, very quite up on the hill you can have see views and bar and pool have been restored recently which gives it a more modern look.
Apartment itself have to say was a bit disappointing since it didnt look at all like the pictures on the website, it was quite basic style and very dark with two low beds that were old, hard and noisy and had a little kitchen area to cook something (but no kettle or other appliances). The worst bit for me was the bathroom: we already knew that in some areas of greece they dont use shower screen but never though that was an issue but it was terrible. The water all over the floor every time we had a shower (have to say it was clean).
The staff very nice again, receptionist, housekeeping and bar all very pleasant. The bar is only open from may to october but apart from breakfast (only 7 euros per person) I wouldn´t personally have dinner because it is quiet and lack of atmospehere. They serve a daily menu and you can buy drinks or have a coffee by the pool suring the day. We enjoyed the pool area as there was minimum noise and very nice views to the sea.
If you want to walk to town is more than 30 min and there is also a beach but not sure how long it takes walking. We booked this hotel as we wanted to see chania, and is definetly worth it, is very nice town with plenty of restaurants to enjoy local food and more cultural than other areas in crete.
We would recommmend it for people who look for quiet and relax holidays but have a car to move around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frida Apartments consists of 3 independent buildings with a total of 28 apartments. Situated in the suburbs of the town of Chania (just 1,5 km from the city centre). Frida is built on a hill in a gorgeous location next to the countryside with a view to the Cretan sea and the city of Chania. The place is ideal for a drive to the attractive beach of Agioi Apostoli/Agia Marina (10 minutes by bus) or a visit to the picturesque Venetian Harbour of Chania (1,5 km). Alternatively, you can walk to the lovely beach of Nea Chora, which is only 600 meters away from Frida. A bus stop with a regular bus service to Chania is only 300 meters away.Among the facilities at “Frida Apartments” you will find our 2 swimming pools for endless dives with a view to Cretan sea, you will relax at “Frida” snack bar drinking your coffee / refreshment and you will taste our famous “Cretan traditional” breakfast in our morning buffet. Additionally, you can enjoy the marvelous views and sunrise from the balcony of your apartment while you “surf” at the internet through our free wi-fi network.At Frida you will meet a friendly atmosphere and experience the well-known Cretan hospitality as it is run on a family base from people who will always be willing to satisfy your needs. Frida Apartments is an ideal choice for those seeking quiet and relaxing holidays in a place not far away from the city of Chania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Frida Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frida Apartments Hotel Chania Town
- Frida Apartments Chania, Crete