“Symphatic small hotel in the old town”
Review of Helena Hotel

Helena Hotel
Ranked #17 of 107 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Crete, Greece
“Symphatic small hotel in the old town”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed in Helena hotel in October. Position of hotel is erfect, it is in the heart of old town of Chania. When we arrived in the port, we cold on the reception because we didnt have idea where is it and the girl from hotel gave us instructions where to wait her and she came to pick us up. The room was ok, traditionally furnished, with TV, aircondition, fridge, the view on the port and town. Importand is that the room was very clean. We had also caps, tee, coffe and milk inside with the boiler. The owner Antonis who we met later, was very very friendly. I would recommend this small hotel and if we come back we stay again there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
UK
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I booked my room direct with the hotel (webpage is: www.helena-hotel.gr) and spent 6 nights there at the start of July and would highly recommend it. My room was on the top floor and as soon as I walked in I was taken aback by the fantastic views over the Old Harbour, I don't think I could have got any better.
The hotel is situated up a small, peaceful side street just off the Old Harbour. I had no problem at all with any noise from the harbour at night. There are a couple of small supermarkets and a bakery/cafe in Theotokopoulou Street, two streets away. The owner Antonis and his son George are extremely helpful and kind, even managing to keep cheerful after lugging my 20+kg bag up to the top floor! They strike the balance between being unobtrusive yet there to help with anything you may need. Both also speak very good English.
As for the room, it was a good size, with a/c, tv, fridge with ice compartment - v handy!, kettle, 2 plates, mugs and glasses and a sharp knife - again, a small detail but incredibly useful! The wardrobe was built-in, with a cupboard above with extra pillows and blankets and 2 drawers below. The room had two large windows, and a table and two chairs in front. As breakfast is not supplied, I would nip down to the bakery and eat my b'fast in the room while enjoying the fabulous views. To be honest, I didn't miss the fact that I didn't have a balcony. The bathroom was a reasonable size with shower (including shower curtain and hook for shower head to sit on), toilet, sink, mirror and good lighting above the mirror.
All in all, it was a charming hotel with friendly, kind owners, and at a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo