Mme Bassia
Serenissima Boutique Hotel(Chania Town)
$176
  • Breakfast included
Amalthia Beach Resort(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$102
$93
$195
Samaria Hotel(Chania Town)
$172
Kriti Hotel(Chania Town)
$117
$105
Porto Veneziano Hotel(Chania Town)
$163
  • Restaurant
Kydon, The Heart City Hotel(Chania Town)
$122
Corinna Mare Suites & Studios(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
Avra City Hotel(Chania Town)
$134
$122
$199
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice kitchenold townchurch bellsclose proximitytea and coffeeair conexcellent locationfridgeporttoilet
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This year my wife and I we spent almost two weeks of vacation in Crete from the 15th to the 26th of October. Initially we had reserved two nights in Madame Bassia room for rent in Hania, since we planned to visit the western part of the island, changing accommodation several times during the vacation. After our arrival, however, we realized that Hania is a very beautiful town and, since we had also rented a car, a convenient starting point for all the tours we wanted to do. Moreover, we liked really a lot Madame Bassia accommodation, so that we didn’t feel any desire to move away and to look for other places where to stay. The Madame Bassia building is located in a nice pedestrian street in the wonderful historical part of Hania, few minutes walking from the harbor but also from the more modern part of the city (where, for example, there are the tourist information office, some supermarkets and the bus station). Our room was large (more or less around 40 square meters), well lit, very nicely furnished and, most importantly, really extremely clean (Nowhere we could find dust, not even above the door frames as I realized since, for a little health problem at my shoulders, I had to hang). In fact, each morning the room was accurately cleaned by a lady that also changed the towels and washed the bathroom and the floor. The room had a small balcony with table and chairs, bathroom, TV, air-conditioner and a fridge very useful to keep our food and water. Furthermore, in a nice room situated at the first floor there is available an extra refrigerator and a table with chairs where it is possible to enjoy the coffee or the tea that are always and freely available.
The owner of the rooms, Mr. Nectarius, is a very nice and helpful person. We traveled a lot and we visit most of the gorgeous places that are situated in western part of the island (like the towns and the villages of Réthymnon, Paleochora, Loutro, Azogires, the impressive gorge of Samaria, the wonderful beaches of Balos, Phalassarna, Elafonissi, Agia Roumeli, Stavros) and each time Mr. Nectarius was asking us in advance our planes and, then, always he gave us very useful information and suggestions to realize at the best our trips. Consequently, Mr. Nectarius makes our vacation much easier and allows us to see more places than we could have done without his help (for example he indicated us the most convenient and panoramic roads to take, the best restaurants where to eat, other places less known to see in proximity of our main destinations, if it was better to use our car or public transportation).
In conclusion we think that Madame Bassia room for rent is a really nice place and we strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Altbough the website says ALL rooms have attached veranda, bathrooms, and AC they do not! I booked a room based on their website. The first room had two twin beds and just a tiny window. In August this was unbearable as there was no breeze. The bathroom was one floor up ans I was told a private bathroom which in fact was shared with another room.

Had to move rooms to a smaller room with still no AC, veranda or bathroom on the second night. I would have checked out after first night but because I was doing an all day hike did not have time to look for other options. Second room was just as bad but had a bigger window. Looked out onto the busy shopping arcade so quite noisy from around nine AM till eleven PM.

Through email I asked for an earlier check on as I was arriving by morning ferry. Was told it was possible from 9 AM. Sat in a cafe till 9 and then at the doorstep till someone finally turned up around 9:30. No apologies or anything. Would have just stayed in the care till 10 if I would have known.

This was Greek hospitality at its worst. Asked about a bus to the gorge to do the hike which a lot of tourist do. I was told to walk to the bus stop ask there. Everywhere else has been helpful and looked up.necessary info on Internet. Guess they were just interested in their customers in their shop.

Just disappointing. When I talked to the owner he just tried to sweet talk his way. There are way better options in Chania. Try Varnas Studios which actually has a reception desk and a better value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Totoro M
netis, Owner at Mme Bassia, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

I just read this review for my place that is written on 16/10/2012 and i will like to answer to this person that in the first mail is written :
''My Hotel is open every day from 10:00am until 11:00pm, but I can wait if you have a late arrival time.
Check in and out is at 12:00 noon, according to Greek legislation.
If needed in case of late departure, we can provide a space for you to leave your luggage.''
After that the answer for the early arrive is given. for a bad trip or something else is not my mistake....

All my rooms are removed at the same year and all but all my rooms have toilet shower A/C,TV, fridge inside and wi-fi for free.
There are some guest’s that they would like to have a cheap room and for them is only one room that the shower toilet is out of the room ,outside in the terrace with the flowers (the price for that room is 20-30 euro depending of the season).
Because is in the terrace and some other guests can be there and join the sun with a café if they wants to use the toilet is normal that I can’t be there 24 hours and take care of that….
Yes I have two stores under of my place and im there 12-15 hours per day but not in the tarrace..
Also I can’t be a God about the breeze and the sun and the hot…. In August in Chania is hot!!!!

About my hospitality I would prefer the silence and let the comment on the internet talk for me…
Chania is a small town you don’t need internet to go to Samaria special when you are in Chania thanks God everything is so near.

Of course there is many other choices in hotel in Chania cause we live from the tourism that we respect and we are sweet and nice but in a different value for everyone depending what needs and how much wants to pay….
I’m so sorry for that review am lucky because of the past reviews about me and most important for my place and more lucky because they will answer guests that they really meet me and join my company and the Greek hospitality.
Everybody is welcome to my place to join my Hospitality and join our beautiful town.
Thank you any way traveler and …still love you!!!
Nectarios Bouzakis

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The location of this hotel is very nice, in the old town so we are near the restaurants, the harbor and the shops. Just one bad point that was not written the street is not reachable by car. If you have a car you need to park in the street (we found some little streets where it was free at almost 500m) so the first time you arrive you don't know what to do.
The owner is very nice.
The room was quite big with a balcony. The bathroom was OK, but as there is no separate shower the water is spreading quite everywhere in the bathroom when you take a shower.
However for the price it is a good hotel for a big city like Chania.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Mme. Bassia in June of 2011. We couldn't have been happier with this spot! It was awesome. We were able to walk to everything and felt completely at home. Nectarios was an amazing host and told us all the highlights of Crete that we shouldn't miss. He was also more than generous with the cost of the room per night for such a great location. He was friendly at every encounter and was around if you needed anything at all. The room we had was very modest but we felt it was very authentic to Europe! It was perfect for us and we would recommend Mme Bassia to anyone travelling to Hania!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Trezelme
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Sweet and friendlfy B&B. The owner operates the Crete stand every year in the Brussels Xmas Markets. He can also help with rental cars and other accomodation in other cities.
Highly reccommendable.