Thamiris Apartments
Amalthia Beach Resort(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$79
$63
Kriti Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$109
$101
Ionas Boutique Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
Arkadi Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Samaria Hotel(Chania Town)
$154
$143
$210
  • Breakfast included
Civitel Akali Hotel(Chania Town)
$142
$108
Trip.com
Casa Veneta(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$60
Corinna Mare Suites & Studios(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$53
Monte Vardia(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$76
$70
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had a group booking here and enjoyed every minute, we had fantastic rooms which had been specifically requested when booking. The rooms were basic but clean and had everything we needed.

The location is beautiful, situated alongside the pretty river and on the beach. I would recommend booking the rooms at the back of the hotel.

The owner was extremely friendly and went out of his way to help where ever he could, all the staff were very friendly and efficient - I could not ask for more.

We had a fantastic time and would go back again.

Room Tip: Back of the building is better.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Russ F
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I would stay at Tharmaris year after year I have never had any complaints. The owners Iannis and his brother are more than accommodating they even took my husband for a boat ride. The accommodation is very clean the location is stunning. Granted when you try and book on line it can be difficult however it is up to the person booking to double check that the reservation has been made. We also book flights and accommodation here seperately and have never had a problem. Clare & Simon Edge Huddersfield

Room Tip: Thamaris rooms are all lovely
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank edgyhuddersfield
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The reviewer from Norway is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! The owner cannot BE TRUSTED. We had booked one month in advance and we confirmed our reservation by phone, just 3 days before our arrival.To be honest, I was a bit suspicious that he didn't ask some money in advance (almost all hotels in Greece do) and, unfortunately, my suspicions came true, when we arrived! The guy said that his computer went down and that he had lost all his reservations(!!!!!!), so he didn't have any available room for us! We had to look for another hotel (we were lucky enough to find a very nice one, just a few steps from Thamiris). Therefore, especially if you come from abroad, NEVER trust Thamiris for a reservation, or else you may end up to sleep in the street... In addition the guy was trully rude, he did not even apologize for the incovenience that he caused. What a defamation for greek tourism... They should take his licence back!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank agridi
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This place is the worst place i have ever booked, we have travelled to crete every year without fail for over 10 years, and have never been treated so badly.

This owner was rude arrogant and unfortunately.....racist also. I had brought all my friends to crete, and he would not allow us congregate in a room to plan our day, instead insisted we speak outside in the garden!!!

My friends were given a horrible first impression of crete by this ignorant athenian!!!

This is a genuine review, for your own sake.......do not stay here!!

J

Dublin

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank therealpodge
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I sent a booking request to Thamiris/Thamirakis where I asked if there was an apartment available and if they had internet access. I added that internet access was important to me and that I would bring my own computer. The owner replied that there was internet acess. However, when I arrived, there was no such thing as internet access in the building. When I asked him why he told me that there was internet access he got angry and said that I should leave the hotel at once. Then - he held a long speech and argued that I did not need the internet (there was an internet cafe 50 meters down the road), that the season had not started yet etc. He got very unpleasant and gave me a bad start on my holiday. I have been in Crete 14 times and never experienced something like this before.

NB! Thamiris is not in Chania town, but is in Kalives - a small village 20 km outside of Chania.

Stayed: April 2010