The staff, the room, the view, the breakfast - everything was perfect. We were lucky enough to have booked the Honeymoon suite which is certainly the best room in all of Chania. As everyone has stated already and in fact I echo everyone elses sentiments, this boutique hotel is in the perfect location, just a short walk from the public parking, the breakfast totally fresh, healthy and delicious, with the main dish changing daily and much more than we could possibly eat, in the most gorgeous breakfast room with views over the harbour. The staff were just excellent. Maria greeted us like a favourite sister, and we felt totally at home straight away, this is a very intimate and friendly hotel so its more like a b & B, but definitely the best one I have ever stayed in. She kept the rooms immaculate. Antonia was the perfect hostess bright and cheerful and she spent ages giving us great advice on where to visit - like our personal tourist guide. Free use of computer whenever it was available was such a boon. The terrace of the honeymoon suite is lovely and private, and a great place to chill at the end of the busy bustling day, yet we were just 2 minutes walk when you left the building to the centre of everything. Our bed and pillows was so comfortable and Im so choosy as I have a bad neck, but slept like a baby (when the town settled down). The ensuite is tiny but this is an old building and there was room for all of our bits and pieces so was more than happy. Plently of storage space in the room. A little bar fridge, tea making facilities and the airconditioning was working very well even tho it was very hot whilst we were there - mid 30's.
I checked out every place in town before booking and looked at some of our other choices whilst there but none were as perfect as Casa Leone. Dont even think abt staying anywhere else. As its in pedestrian zone, and as with any historical centre, consider taking less luggage.
We had no noise from other guests even tho full, and you are in the middle of town so expect some street noise or music til late as with all town centres. However I could not fault this beautiful boutique hotel, and wouldnt stay anywhere else. Well done, Casa!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Chania, Crete