Lefka Apartments
Hotel Kedrissos(Chania Town)
Hotel Kyriaki(Chrissi Akti)
Triton Apartments(Nea Kydonia)
View Hotel
Golden Sand Hotel(Chrissi Akti)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusy roadother guestsgolden beachpool and bar areaapartment complexgreat holidayplaces to visitsouvlakiwonderful poolmain roadnearest beachexcellent beachhome from homekept spotlessly cleangreek saladmin walksamaria gorge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I found Lefka apartments by chance in 2005 when I was planning a backpack journey with my 12-year old son and his friend and thought it would be nice to have a hotel booked for the first night. Next year I came back with my son and after that almost every year, altogether 6 times... and after one week now the seventh time, which is the third for my husband. There are not enought superlatives to describe the place. It is something quite extraordinary. As so many others, we feel that we have become friends with Evita, Andreas, Anna and Dimitra. The only disturbing thing could be te very busy road, but when you come throught the gate to the hotel area with the pool and the garden, you mysteriously forget it.
The rooms are always perfectly clean, the pool bar is very nice in the daytime, and it turns to an excellent restaurant in the evenings.
If you need any help, e.g. suggestions for places worth visiting, or renting a car, Evita, Andreas and Anna are always very helpful.
I am so happy right now knowing that after only one week we'll be there again, in our 'home in Crete'.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maarit T
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We pre-booked a triple room at the Lefka Apartments online from the UK, having been impressed by the Trip Advisor accolades. I paid a 2 day deposit and the transaction went through quickly and smoothly, with immediate email responses from the management. As we were arriving quite late, they arranged for a cab (30 euros) to meet us at the airport and deliver us some 40 minutes later to our destination.

Evita and Andreas run these excellent apartments with great style and efficiency. It's hard to believe that they both have second jobs during the day as well as having two energetic young boys to raise! The apartments are about 4 kilometres from the centre of Chania on the very busy 'old' coast road. But this is not too much of a problem. When you finally manage to cross the road there is a large supermarket which stays open quite late – and a five minute walk to a pleasant beach. There is a hotel vibe at the Lefka Apartments and they have a lovely, floodlit pool and poolside bar/restaurant, open from 11am until about midnight. Our second floor apartment was spotlessly clean, with a fully-equipped kitchenette attached. The south facing patio looked out onto the lush back garden and was bathed in sunlight throughout the day. At 75 euros a night, we considered it very good value.

The food is really sensational – particularly my favourite 'village sausages', washed down with the excellent local Retsina. It's difficult to find food this good in Chania. My daughter's chicken souvlaki was actually the best I've ever tasted… marinated by Andreas in olive oil with the pungent local thyme. The helpings are HUGE… and each day they seemed to get bigger; perhaps overly generous for one hoping to lose a little weight! Complimentary desserts always seem to follow a meal and Andreas can't seem to resist delivering complimentary, surprise liqueurs to both titillate and challenge your taste buds.

When we left after our all-too-brief 5 day stay we were presented with a pot of the delicious local honey and I was given a kiss on both cheeks (by Evita, not Andreas!). Altogether fabulous. A most worthy Travellers' Choice 2013 winner!

2  Thank Chingachgook2
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As so many have said before... the people, the apartment, everything about Lefka Apartments is brilliant. Evita, Andreas and Anna are simply the best hosts anyone could wish for, as John R puts it, you arrive a guest and leave a friend. The apartment was spotless and with the very lovely cleaner - who tried to teach me Greek - coming in every day and clean bed linen and towels every 3 days, it was better than home! This was my first holiday with my children on my own and I was quite nervous doing it abroad - I could not have gone anywhere better. We spent most of our time by the pool and ate in the bar every evening, we weren't adventurous but we never felt that we needed to get away. We loved Chania and the Venetian harbour. The local beach is lovely. We are truly hoping to go again next year - Shona, Amy & Jo

Room Tip: We had a room on the poolside, had no issues whatsoever with the road.
3  Thank Shona P
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Small family run immaculate apartments. Good beds, great air com , beach 5 min walk, super market over the (busy)road.
Lovely people running the place. Bring tea towel and washing up liquid. Beach is perfect, warm and shallow, great for kids.
Chania town is 5 minute bus ride, 30 min walk. You can walk along the beach , takes a bit longer but more scenic. Having a great holiday.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1234caro1234
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were told about Lefka, and the wonderful people who run it in 2012, while staying about a mile away. We visited and after meeting the staff, looking at the apartments, beautiful garden, pool and bar area it was decided immediately we would be returning in 2013. I can honestly say it exceeded all expectations. Its difficult to know where to start when describing the warm friendly welcome you receive from all concerned. Andreas is funny, informative, helpful and just a downright perfect host. Anita is just the sweetest and warm person you will ever meet, even when under the pressure of making sure all guests needs are catered for. A lady called Anna runs the bar and kitchen during the day, all with the same warmth and care of Andreas and Anita. Thanks for the Greek lessons Anna, I will learn more before I see you next year. Even the cleaners in the morning are so friendly. Whatever you need is no problem. Hire car, delivered and collected from the complex, taxi's arranged, local bus tickets sold at the bar and a mine of local information for first time or previous visitors to this gorgeous island. In the evenings Andreas cooks up a mean bar b cue and serves some amazing cocktails, I would recommend the "old fashioned" though my wife seemed to enjoy most of them. You will arrive as guests but leave as friends. They have left us with a problem though, we don't want to go anywhere else as we know it cant be matched. Thank you all for the best holiday we've ever had. John Mary and of course Billy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the pool are much quieter.