“A great way to spend an hour in Chania”

Chania Segway Tours
Ranked #4 of 51 Tours in Chania Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the most beautiful cities in the world, and invites you for an amazing sightseeing tour on a SEGWAY!It is absolutely the best way to see all the city’s most important places and secrets paths,while having fun riding this unique personal transporter.We offer exclusive tours on a Segway-personal transporter for individuals and small groups (max 6 persons)*. Choose from our spectacular city tours or design your own tour! *Segway tours are limited to small groups, so we guarantee an intimate experience!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 20, 2013

After a bit of tuition (it isn't hard!) we were taken on the hour tour of Chania and it was a real blast! Our leader (sorry I can't remember her name but she was lovely!) took us through the back streets of the old town with a few tight spaces and twists and turns until we got really used to handling the Segways and then into the crowded port and harbour front. Lots of people stopped and stared and I wanted to tell them all to have a go! From other reviews I can see that this is an activity which appeals across the age ranges, it's not just for the young, and I would recommend it to anyone from 8 to 80. At base, the staff members were really helpful and patient and very friendly. We were offered a choice of times to go, either later as a couple or then and there with another couple, water and a safety helmet. I felt safe at all times and just had a lot of fun.

1  Thank Janine H
"a lot of fun"
in 12 reviews
"beautiful town"
in 8 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"via email"
in 7 reviews
"awesome experience"
"these guys"
in 8 reviews
"cruise ship"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what am amazing experience our family has had this morning! 2 kids 8 & 10 yrs and we all had an unforgettable tour! Vicky is just wonderful and easy going, she was an absolute delight and helped our youngest daughter feel comfortable! After weeks of walking and seeing sites, I thought this would make it easier to see beautiful Chania port and town. We were not disappointed and although we didn't walk, it still takes effort! I will be recommending this tour 100 per cent! Thank you for an excellent tour!!

1  Thank 3girls13
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Vicki was a great all round instructress-both from a technical and health and safety point of view. We had an hour in which we covered approximately 2k through the old town / harbour , up cobbled streets into an old working harbour where we saw fishermen working their lines and nets , passing the old city walls. This is something which I have wanted to do for years and am so glad at the age if 66 I finally did it! . Well done sedgeway tours - thank you for emailing the photographs if me on the tour- I will be back !! Christopher logan

2  Thank Chrislogan2
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Took the Old Venetian Harbor tour with my boyfriend. It was only us and the excellent tour Vicki which was very kind and funny (all staff members were kind and helpful) so it felt exclusive. It was our first time on Segway but they let us try it and teach us as long as we needed before the ride. It was quite easy to learn and very fun to ride! The tour we took was on the harbor and in small alleys around the harbor. It was a bit crowded with people but our guide was very cool and good at making the way anyway. We had a earpiece with a tour explaining what the different monuments and historical places were on the road (optional). We also got time to free ride the segway a bit as we wanted at the harbor for a while. An hour went by fast! The guide also took picture of us when riding and also by the monuments and then emailed them to us after the trip. The tour was worth every euro! I highly recommend this if you are in Chania.

2  Thank Viqtory
See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I took the one hour tour and wish we would have went longer. We have 2 boys, age 12 and 13 and my husband and I in our mid 40's, and we all enjoyed this tour equally. The staff took adequate time to train us on the segways before we left (this was our first segway experience), and it did not take long before we felt comfortable riding around the beautiful town of Chania. After days of walking for hours on end in hot hot weather, this was the perfect adventure for us!! We were given headsets to communicate with the guide which worked really well. There was also a recorded guide to listen to at points of interest, but honesty, we just wanted to ride and look at the sites. Our guide was very accommodating, and we never felt rushed or bored. We only had a short time in Chania because we were on a cruise ship and I am so glad we chose Chania Segway Tours for our exploration of the town! If you do go, try to get there early before the streets get busy and crowded with tourists. We started at 9:30 and it was perfect.

1  Thank Toothfairy2013