“TOP ONE IN CHANIA......”
Review of Taverna Kavouras

Taverna Kavouras
Ranked #53 of 446 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been the first day in CHANIA .i was not sure which restaurants was nice and not expensive ... I ask one local person where I can eat well and not expensive ...he tell me to go in Kavouras tavern .. I been there the food was excellent --- the waiters very friendly ... I love this place.. 4 days I try many speciality of creta and sea food plates ....love you all I come agane next year to drink some raki with all you .......

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I have been here in Chania almost 2 years now. Taverna Kavouras is always a place we go to have a wonderful meal in the best spot in the harbor. The staff is always wonderful, friendly and we consider all of the staff good friends of ours. Though we will go back to the United States shortly we will never forget the times we have spent here. The food is always amazing and priced just right. A huge menu that is always amazing.

Last year my wife and I of almost 21 years were married in the Church. Taverna Kavouras is the place we had our reception, A large group of good friends experienced the great food and wonderful wait staff.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've been walking aroun the port with my friends late evening, and we joined the other local Greek. I thought it would be a good place for sit a little nd relax and I wasn't wrong!

It was our first night in Chania, and the choice was just great! PErfect and fast service. Their saganaki was delicious.
I must say I wanted to taste their local beer called 'Charma' and I couldn't find in local bars..they had only Alfa and Mythos which I already tasted. And what a surpise! They had Charma beer in Kavouras!! :D So I ordered one glass for myself.

Prices were very reasonable, as it's a famous area (Venetian Harbour) filled with tourists every day and night.

Very tasty food, nice atmosphere and very welcoming people! If I'd have I chance I will come back there for sure!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a seven day break in Chania. On the third night we visited Kavouras by chance. It is well situated near to the old harbour but does not particularly stand out. The sevice is good and the waiters helpful and friendly. What makes it truly exceptional, however, is the range and quality of the food. The lady chef is a real talent, so much so that we spent the next three evenings dining there. Try it, we promise you that you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been living in chania for almost 4 months now, and of all the places to eat, I have found this is the best place to go. Weather it is for breakfast lunch dinner, or just coffee, this is the best place to come. The food is outsanding, with generas portions, for a good price. Also the staff is always very friendly. I strongly recommend the restaurant to anyone one looking for a good place to eat in chania.