“EXCELLENT!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Friendly staff, excellent food, great prices. Highly recommend this place! A little further from the main area of old town, but worth the stroll over! Much better than many of the places near shopping.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,995)

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We came here based on other TA reviews and were very pleased.
The location is nice in that it is still waterfront, but not in the heart of the tourist cafés. A good sign is that there were a number of locals eating here too. The food is really good - you can taste the freshness. The staff, very friendly. When my husband ordered a bottle of wine that he liked (but I didn't so much), I asked the server for a glass of house wine, he was so concerned that I didn't like the bottle of wine, that he gave me my wine on the house. Very friendly service and good, fresh food. I highly recommend Glossitses.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The restaurant "Glossitses" combines excellent food, service, atmosphere, good value for money and all these in a great location. I would recommend it to all people visiting Chania and appreciate good food !

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were in Chania for two days. We came here the first day for lunch and all the food was amazing. The fava spread with pita was delicious. The streamed mussels were some of the best I've ever had. The food was so good we decided to come back and had an even better experience! The restaurant gets fresh seafood every day and I highly recommend getting whatever comes in. We waited 20min for the shipment of sea urchin and tuna (would have waited much longer if necessary). The sea urchin cooked just in olive oil and lemon juice was simply delicious. As others have mentioned, the rare tuna steak was simply amazing, melting in your mouth.
On top of the excellent food, the service was excellent and the owner treats you like an old friend. The only downside is that I can't try the fresh fish arriving tomorrow!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

First day in Chania
The Best Sépia Risotto OF my life.
Octopus very fresh and very tender
Better cheese pie with honey orange chutney sauce than the one of my beloved Greek wife

Service with smile and speed.
Very correct price for quality.

We will come back often this week