“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Glossitses

Glossitses
Ranked #18 of 406 Restaurants in Chania Town
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Ontario
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had some appetizers for a late lunch and all we had was very good. We ate in many places along this strip and while Glossitses is good I'm not sure that it's any better than any of the others and their menu is much smaller.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Go a little further down the old port to Apostolis instead”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I tried Glossitses tonight for the first time based on Trip Advisor and other recommendations. The food was fresh and good, and the young waiter very hospitable. I told him that I would come back for sure with my family that was arriving in 3 days and would be in Chania for 2 more months. Shortly after that, the owner brought the check without my asking for it, the first time I can remember this happening in nearly 40 years of living and vacationing in Crete. Was it because he thought I was a tourist only here for a short time so would likely not come back (most of his customers were not Greek, normally not a good sign)? Or was it because I was a single female, and he would make more money by hurrying me out (it was still early with a few empty tables but starting to fill up)? Regardless, it was such a sour ending to a good meal that I won't go back. Like in previous years, when my family arrives, we'll go frequently to Apostolis where we have always had excellent food and warm service and the best complimentary desserts in town!

4 Thank Sherylxyz
Athens, Greece
“Remember the taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited last year but still remember the taste of the delicious food we had,did nit read any reviews before but we were passing by and thought to give it a try,everything we had was full of taste,try it.

“Superb menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Small menu wth great local dishes! Great stuff. Very interesting place with great view at old port of Chania city. Don't miss it! This place is NOT a Tourist Trap!!!

Groningen, The Netherlands
“Great, fresh food worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

After we read the evaluations on Tripadvisor we desided to eat here and it really was a wonderful experience. The location is great, and it really felt as a relief that no overenthousiastic waiter was trying to talk you in. Christos was helpful in explaining the concept of Glossitses. Eveything is fresh and organig an they don't use the microwave. We had the fava with caramelized onions. Because i could not decide on the fresh tuna or mussels as a main course, Christos recommended to take the mussels as a started and the tuna as main dish. Not a bad suggestion. Everything was very tasty icluding the house wine. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013