Halepa Hotel
Amalthia Beach Resort(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$924
$133
Samaria Hotel(Chania Town)
$157
$146
  • Breakfast included
Porto Veneziano Hotel(Chania Town)
$183
$177
  • Restaurant
Kriti Hotel(Chania Town)
$113
$104
Priceline
Kydon, The Heart City Hotel(Chania Town)
$138
Corinna Mare Suites & Studios(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
Hotel Belmondo(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
$109
$63
$127
$119
  • Breakfast included
Avra City Hotel(Chania Town)
$133
$121
$243
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminute walkroof terraceold townrecommended hotelclassy hotelprivate parkingstocked fridgebreakfast roomthe water's edgeearly octoberthe air conditioningthe busbusiness tripmain buildingthe staff were extremely helpfulsmall beachhotel is located
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean, really pleasant, and well run. The staff are attentive and always helpful.

The location is a short walk from the town centre - but on the plus side it's quiet.

The facilities are a bit scarce, but I think that's reflected in the price.

I would recommend if you're happy to be a bit away from centre and are not expecting extensive facilities such as a pool/gym.

Would consider for future trips.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently spent four nights at this hotel. From the moment we checked in until our departure we received friendly, helpful service from the owner and staff. As the former British Embassy, it had a charm and aura that reflected a different time in history. The current owners have restored the property and take pride in maintaining its stateliness. Our room on the third floor was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The bathroom was very modern. The roof garden area on the fourth floor, just remodeled, overlooked the city of Chania and the sea. It had a Jacuzzi and a shade area that was perfect for taking an afternoon siesta.
Although this hotel's location means a 20 minute walk to the harbor area, the bus stops nearby can take you to the harbor or to other places in Chania. One night we took a taxi home from the harbor, and it only cost 4 euros. Not bad for a taxi!
We enjoyed the free WIFI in our room. It was fast and easy to access. The prices in the bar area were very reasonable. The courtyard provided a relaxing spot to sip a drink and enjoy the beauty of the well-manicured garden area.
We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Chania.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maryko74
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We found Halepa hotel a good place to stay, we spent there 4 nights in June 2014.

The architecture of the building is very nice and unique, our room was comfortable and very clean. The people are very kind and willing to help for any kind of problems. The breakfast was nice.

The position is very good to explore the island and requires a 15-20 minutes walk to the port/center of Chiana. The last couple of days we decided to go by car (5 minutes) and it was a good choice because we had no problems in finding a parking place in the city.

I would just suggest to fix the controller for the private parking because a couple of times we had problems in opening it!

We definitly reccomend the hotel expecially to those people who have a vehicle to move around!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dettoben
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Arrived at the Halepa hotel for an over night stay on two occasions. My room was very nice with it's wooden flooring. Air cond was fine and quiet. Everything looked immaculately clean, especially the (small) bathroom and the bed sheets with their HH motif, very professional! On my return visit I managed to get the WiFi working, adding the password and getting on,but not through the Halepa hotel which had no signal. Dinner was a set menu for our 35 employees, which not everyone was impressed with and did not partake. On the first stopover my room was on the 3rd floor, which I did prefer over the return room on the second. The 3rd floor room was quieter and I did not experience the banging room doors of returning guests at 0430 in the morning. The mattress was thick and supportive, the problem though lay with the bed. I am a light sleeper and every time I turned over the bed creaked, which woke me up. This by the way happened on both occasions, so the bed frames should be looked at. As breakfast starts at 0730, our boss had arranged the previous night with reception, if breakfast could be brought forward to an earlier time, as we would all be departing early. To the best of our knowledge this was agreed to, but it seems the message was not passed on to the morning shift. At 0615 we arrived for breakfast, but nothing was available. The young man on duty told us he had received no message, but then tried to help by providing heated apple pastries, cake and biscuits and heating up coffee for us. A number of my colleagues were not impressed. A final note on behalf of one of my friends. He had ordered a Metaxa brandy the precious evening to drink in the garden at the front of the hotel. He complained that the measure was very small compared to the other hotel we had stayed at...one measure finger width of brandy compared to the other hotels three fingers width, meaning he wouldn't be buying anymore! We explained this to the waitress, but what could she do, but smile and nod her head? The majority I talked to said they would not stay at the Halepa again. I though, am rating the hotel as I saw it.

Room Tip: I cannot grade the fitness centre or swimming pool as I did not see them! Ask to see the rooms, if you can choose? The reception told me that all rooms eg standard where the same, but they weren't. When I checked out my friends room he had a bath/shower to my shower only (plus larger bathroom toiletries). Plus his mini bar contents were different to mine, having more items. I have rated sleep quality as poor due to the creaking bed base, the mattress was fine, but was a bit narrow. I would stay here only because of the cleanliness of the rooms which did impress me.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank michael w
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed with a large group on business trip, room very nice, but air conditioning very poor, room was hot all night, staff very helpful, however, unable to bring breakfast forward by 45 minutes for 35 guests, and then forgot to leave a note for night reception to put out a mini buffet breakfast for same guests. No real menu for restaurant so dining out is required, free internet poor, difficult to connect, and spread across a variety of networks not mentioned by reception. I would recommend to my company that there are better more flexible hotels at a cheaper price.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business