All reviewsrooftop barpresidential suiteold towngolf buggymarble floorsour honeymoonsteam roommargarita'svenetian mansionbeautiful courtyardhome maderestaurant recommendationshomemade breakfastyour luggageone bedroom apartmentyogurthelped us plan
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed two nights in a standard room (room #4) which was comprised of a room with a sofa bed, stairs leading to a bedroom with twin beds in a loft and a very small bathroom. This hotel is conveniently located a stone's throw away from the old harbour (the tourist area). We enjoyed a delicious breakfast both mornings in a peaceful courtyard surrounded by trees, shrubs and even a very large cactus and evening drinks on the roof top terrace which afforded a great view of the harbour. The only negative aspect of our stay was the bathroom. Although it was functional, the shower stall was small, the shower curtain did not adequately prevent water from splashing on the rest of the bathroom floor and the hair dryer was awkward to handle. I have been assured that this bathroom is scheduled to be renovated in the winter. What sets this hotel apart was the service we recieved. The front house manager, Margarita as well as the rest of the staff made a special effort to ensure our comfort. They were always available to help...with a smile. It is because of the staff that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
McManthos, Manager at Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Dear Guest,

Following your recent comment on Trip Advisor we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. As we are continually striving to improve our services your comments are greatly appreciated in helping us to enhance the experience of our Guests. Our Guest's satisfaction is our primary concern and it is highly gratifying and motivating when we hear we have been successful. We have also noted your comments concerning some of the problems you experienced with the shower and as mentioned we are planning to renovate some bathrooms which do not have a bathtub with jacuzzi during the winter. I am really sorry about the disomfort caused to you. Furthermore, I would like to note that all the suites have extra hair dryers, as well as the standard rooms after request. Once again, thank you for your review and hope you will give us the opportunity on a future visit to demonstrate the standards of a luxurious hotel.

Markantonaki Margarita

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I've stayed in a number of hotels now in the old port area of Chania, and this is my favorite, hands down. The lovely courtyard, the beautifully renovated rooms and hallways, the lovely breakfast featuring Creten foods, all combined to make our stay the highlight of our trip to Crete.

The service there is lovely, and the staff are knowlegeable (recomending beaches in Elouda that our hotel there didn't know about) and friendly.

One note about accesability - there were a number of stairs to our hotel room, which was a challenge with the baby carriage. The staff would usually help me up, or I would leave the carriage in the attended open courtyard, but this might be a concern for those who have limited mobility. Otherwise, the baby was more than welcome, with a highchair at breakfast, and a crib in the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and the service of our staff. I would also like to reassure you that from March 2011, we will have a lift (large enough for the baby carriage) and as a result such accesability problems will be resolved. The lift is going to serve both rooms and the rooftop terrace. We really appreciated your kind words and we thank you for sharing this with us.

Margarita Markantonaki

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed at casa delfino early this summer for 5 days. I was attending a business conference held at Porto Veneziano but since I had stayed there before and I prefer the boutique type hotels, I chose casa deflino this time.
The first impression was positive, but the (standard) room they showed me at first was not. They saw my dissapointment, so they upgraded me (with a surplus) to a much better suite, like the ones at the photos of booking.com. In fact the photos there and here depict pretty much what one can expect from the establishment. All in all:
The (+):
- Big room with a big bed, clean, friendly and helpfull staff, bathroom with jet bathtub, excellent bathroom amenities, perfect location.
The (-):
- Not all the rooms are of the same standard, breakfast should be of better quality for the price, rooms a bit cold (even the suites), wireless not working everywhere.
With this in mind, I do recomend this hotel if you would like to stay in Chania old town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Athineos
McManthos, Manager at Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent review and to reassure you that we appreciate your feedback, which is valuable in helping us improve our services. Concerning your first room, I would like to note that we have plenty of room types, as every hotel does, and these vary depending on the price the guest is paying. Undoubtely the size of a standard room and a suite will differ and our official website clearly portrays each room type, as well as facilities within. Moreover, we have free WiFi access in all rooms and in all public areas, as well as both a regular PC and laptop available for our guests convenience (free of charge). Due to the thick walls of the Venetian building, sometimes we experience connection problems in some specific rooms but such problems are resolved within some minutes. We all know how important the Internet is in our lives, and that is the reason that we have put a really strong
effort in achieving the best service possible.Last but not least, I invite you to contact me direclty with any suggestions in regards to our breakfast buffet, while most of our Guests really love our breakfast (however your ideas/suggestions may prove to be very helpful). Thank you in advance.

Markantonaki Margarita

Reviewed August 3, 2010

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The location is perfect for walking around the old town and exploring Chania. My mom and I went there last summer for a respite after losing my sister, and it did us a world of good. My father-in-law is from Chania, and I wanted to see Greece as he had described it - we were not disappointed! There are great restaurants within walking distance, and fantastic little shops which line the cobblestone streets of the remnants of this ancient city, heavily influenced in an architectural sense by the Venetians. On top of all this, the hotel stands just steps from the charming port of Chania, lined with still more restaurants, clubs, and shops. It is a must see at night. Finally, the hotel offers a charming courtyard in which to eat breakfast which consists of local fare - yogurt, fruits, boiled eggs, cereals, breads, fresh orange juice which is simply delicious, etc. The concierge can help you arrange to rent a car should you wish to explore the countryside, and visit nearby monasteries, town, etc. but be forewarned - if you cannot read Greek, it may be somewhat difficult to navigate your way around and there are no cars allowed within the walls of the old town, so you'll have to park the car on the outskirts of the old Venetian Wall and walk back to the hotel - good to remember if you have a lot of souvenirs or other purchases!

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We just got back from our honeymoon in the greek isles (milos, oia, mykonos, xania, athens). Casa delfino was by far the best place we stayed.

We arrived as this magnificent villa in the historical center of xania (or chania). We were greeted by Margarita, the daughter of the owner. This villa has been in the family for 6 generation. We mentioned in our reservation that we were on our honeymoon, and the kindly upgraded our reservation from the suite to there penthouse 2 floor unit with a glorious balcony that overlooked the historic port of chania. It was an amazing view (see uploaded pictures). They also had a beautiful bouquet of flowers on our bed and a bottle of local red wine and a basket of fruit and homemade (literally made by Margarita's mother and grandmother) cookies.

This hotel was amazing. The breakfast was by the far best we had on the trip. Fresh fruit from owner's farm. Cakes made by Margarita's mother and grandmother. Amazing selection of parfait and pudding, breads, dakos, feta, cheeses, ham, fresh juices, coffee, cereal, energy bars. My only regret is that we missed it one morning when we left early to go to hike the Samaria Gorge (see below).

The hotel has there own concierge that used the villa for part of her wedding. She helped plan our stay in crete. Her recommendation were great. I would recommend renting a car while there. Crete is big!!. We had a great drive to elofonisi and visited some great beaches. I highly recommend the santa maria gorge hike. We used the smaller tour group that they recommended and it was nicer to have your own guide on the trip. (more expensive but worth it). The hike is tough and you will be sore, but it a gorgeous valley and some great views.

The hotel was great, their service was great, the staff attentive, food great, and right in the historic district of xania. To add to that Margarita said they soon will have a spa on premise. Amazing a dream come true.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple