My husband and I spent 5 nights here on our honeymoon this August. The entire length of our stay at Casa Delfino was wonderful, from the room to the staff to the food.
The hotel is located in the heart of Chania Town, a quick walk to everything you might want to see or do in the area. Cars are not permitted (or cannot fit!) on the streets surrounding the hotel, so you do have to walk a bit to get there. This wasn't a problem for us, even with our bags, as it was about a 5-minute walk from where our taxi left us, and easy to find.
When we arrived, check-in was quick and the staff was immediately at our service. Our bags were carried and we were welcomed with cool, fragrant towels and a map displaying all the best restaurants in the area. We stayed in the Master Suite, off of the main courtyard. The room was gorgeous! Margarita, the manager, explained to us that in the hotel's history, our room had been used to store wines; the architectural details reflect that in the ceiling beams and stone walls. We loved knowing that fun tidbit! Though we were right off the courtyard, we had no problem with noise - we even managed to sleep through breakfast right outside our room most days. The wifi was a bit spotty in the room, so we sat in the courtyard when we needed to send emails.
We each had a massage in the spa, which was a beautiful, if small, space. The massages were standard - Rania, the masseuse, made sure we were comfortable and helped us relax after so much traveling! I do wish they would include hot stone massages on their menu, as that's my favorite (maybe by the time I stay here again!).
The rooftop terrace has amazing views of the harbor. We did not partake in the bar services while up there, but instead used the space as a place to relax after a long day.
We only had breakfast at the hotel one time, but it was expansive and delicious! On our last morning, we had to leave very early to catch a bus. Margarita came to our room the evening before with a packed breakfast and snacks for us to take with us! How awesome is that?? She also brought an oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt treat that her mother had made which was, in a word, divine. We truly appreciated the thought she put into making us comfortable. Truly, the staff is what makes this hotel 5-star worthy. They were available at any time to answer questions and make recommendations.
The price of this hotel can be a bit steep, but it is worth every penny! If we ever return to Greece, we will definitely be staying at Casa Delfino again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Delfino is a 17th-century Venetian palazzo that has remained in the same family for centuries. With just 24 rooms and suites, decorated with a mix of bespoke furniture and antiques, Casa Delfino is both intimate and exclusive. A pebbled courtyard of hand laid mosaics is a romantic oasis where guests can read, relax, or simply soak up the serene ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Delfino Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa Chania, Crete