“By far the best restaurants out of the 16 I tried in Crete”

Lithos Restaurant Cafe
Ranked #28 of 406 Restaurants in Chania Town
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Vienna, Austria
“By far the best restaurants out of the 16 I tried in Crete”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

While sitting at a crowded terrace with little room qmong tables, this friendly place serves the best food I had in Crete. Seafood, pasta, desserts... All was excellent, just perfect.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“If they knew what was on the menucard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

After the owner of the restaurant had stopped us while walking past the restaurant and simple wouldnt stop talking about 'How great his restaurant is and how high score it received on tripadvisor'. We decided to give it a go, but told them (owner and waiter), we didn't want octopussy in the food. The waiter came with our dish, but with octopussy which we didn't wanted. He told us that we said 'No squids' which he claims was completely different. They did however translate octopussy and squid to be the same word in 6 languages:(

2 Thank Mikedk86
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Dinner in Chania”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location on the harbor. We received a free aperitif, which was quite enjoyable. I was looking for some fish for my last night in Chania but don't always like to debone the fish myself. I am not sure if it was the owner, or the head waiter, but he said he would debone it for me and ensured the fish was perfectly fileted for me. I couldn't have asked for better service and atmosphere.

Guangzhou, China
“Well...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

On one hand, no doubt, the dishes were great. I have had the Dakos as starter and something like lamb and vegetables cooked in a clay pot. The former has perfectly brought out the harmony of cheese, bread, tomato, olive oil and herb, while the latter was like a richer version of Irish stew. The staffs were friendly and I haven't been kept waiting for long (maybe that's because I opted to dine at an odd time though).

On the other hand, however, compared to other local restaurants Lithos is obviously overpriced, especially the drinks.

“SO NICE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Old Venetian Harbor and ate at Lithos Restaurant.
The place is perfect right by the water.
as we sat down we were offered pink drinks complimentary which were AMAZING!
The service was beyond AMAZING!
Food was average but yummy!
We were served by Apostollos ( not sure if right spelling)
All the time he would joke around and he would make each customer feel special and part of his family!
GLAD WE'VE BEEN THERE!