This hotel is great overall. It's location can't be better. Its right on the harbor, seperated only by a cobblestone road. The staff is excellent! A special shout out to Maria (front desk) and George (Bartender). These two were so helpful and just good people. We received many great ideas for day trips and food in and around Chania/Crete. The rooms are nice nothing huge, but definately all you need. The showers are tight but have great water pressure and endless hotwater. One warning about rooms with the Garden View. I had to change rooms because it seems 4 or 5 dogs live right below and one really likes to bark. I changed rooms to the otherside, which the staff did all the moving for me. They changed my room without question and I havn't had a problem with noise since. The breakfast is nice but it never changes and kinda runs old pretty quick. I don't think you'll find a much better place to stay here in Chania. Go for it!!! Thanks to the staff for all your help!!! Lots of great restaurants in the area. I recommend the Italian place just one block away. And Turks Well. Ask and you shall find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Veneziano Hotel is located in Chania, in the prime location of the Old Venetian Harbor, on the seafront and only a 10-minute walk from the city center. It is an ideal place to stay, with the most popular attractions within walking distance. Completing the room renovation in April 2013, the hotel now offers a minimal navy design, excellent quality beds with double mattresses and geothermal air conditioning system, friendly to the environment. The hotel has been certified to serve a full Greek Breakfast buffet with a Cretan note and attempts to provide a journey to the island's flavors and tastes. Enjoy daily our freshly squeezed orange juice, local produce, homemade dishes, traditional cookery, seasonal fruit, freshly made desserts etc. At the Bar, after strolling through the beautiful harbor, guests will enjoy all kinds of coffee and Cretan flavorsome concoctions, snacks, sweets, ice cream, drinks and an assortment of Greek and European ice cold beer. The hotel even offers free Wi-Fi and all rooms and interior public areas are strictly nonsmoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Porto Veneziano Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Veneziano Hotel Chania Town
- Porto Veneziano Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Chania
- Porto Veneziano Chania
- Porto Veneziano Hotel Chania, Crete