“Don't be fooled by Sales man at the door!! Worst restaurant, worst food, worst service!”
Review of Selini Restaurant - CLOSED

Selini Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We were walking down the harbour area in Chania where we were approached by the "sales man" at the door of Selini where he went on that the lamb they used for Kleftiko is from their farm, that they have the best food in Chania etc. All lies! Don't be fooled by his free bottle of wine offer, or dessert, or anything else. Mains are €15-20 each...absolute rip off. DO NOT EAT HERE!

Ps I am a Greek living in Australia, and I come to Greece regularly. I have never experienced such bad food and service in Greece in all my life.

6  Thank Alexi G

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Worst dining experience of my life. Do not believe the lies that the guy out front tells you, the food was badly cooked, service was shocking and the prices were higher than any other taverna in Greece

5  Thank Droni89
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Walking past the Selini the owner offered my wife and i a free drink of wine, i always believe you dont get anything for nothing and i was right in this case. We ended up paying 83 euros. Yes he brought us a half liter of red wine then asked if we wanted any meze. With the sun shining and the lovely harbour view we thought why not, so we order two or three meze's which were ok. Then he offered us lamb cooked in the oven by his mother who comes from a small village in the mountains. We said no thank you but he we insistant we must try his mothers lamb so we said just a little taste then. He brought us two plates of lamb, i type of knew then we were in for a sting, and then the bill of 83 euros. When i compained he said their the owners prices not his. As we live in Chania i now tell all our expat friends to avoid this place.

2  Thank gizmo769
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Be careful, don't be fooled by the pleasant and chatty owners, we were persuaded to eat in their restaurant, they don't display their prices they have great sounding food - it's all talk, the food is awful and very, very expensive. We have never seen such a thin pork chop, only just thicker than a piece of cardboard, overlooked and indelible. When we complained the meal was replaced, by an equally poor one. Anything that is promised before you go in does not materialise once you are seated. They know you won't go back so they don't care. Don't spoil your evening, give this restaurant a miss!

6  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Honestly it's the one of the worst tavern I've ever had a chance to visit in Greece. I hope I won't have such a unlucky experience ever again.

The young man came across us and invited, started talking about Cretan food, meals, and their 'special prices' they have for us. I ordered 'kleftiko' with frappe coffee, and my friend wanted xoriatiki with water. It was the word xoriatiki we saw, kleftiko was rather good, can't say a bad thing about the meat as it was okay and everything was hot and fast served.

They surely know you won't come back there ever again, so they put the prices in high level just to make more money on you! Don't make that bad choice, and please don't go there if you don't want to ruin your evening just because of bad restaurant choice.

They extra charged the bread which wasn't fresh (fromt he same day), we paid 3e for three slices! and also other meals were over-priced.

I didn't like the behaviour of young man, he was unpleasant and very arrogant with his 'inviting to the table', he tried to catch every tourist and used same 'kind words' to them all the time, it was surely acting from his side. When someone said 'no, thank you' then he was laughing at their backs with other friend from the restaurant next to Selini. They kept tellin' everyone they're brothers... don't know if it was truth or not.. but that was weird behaviour for sure.

The only one plus of this tavern I can tell you is the sea view..other than that is rather poor.

3  Thank karin861