“Totally scammed. Angry and annoyed.”
Review of Selini Restaurant - CLOSED

Selini Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can't believe I didn't read the reviews of this restaurant before going. Do not ever go to this restaurant. In over ten years of travelling I've never been screwed like my partner and I were screwed after going to this place. After a complimentary morning
coffee we looked at the menu and were told a 20 € plate would serve 2 & were offered free wine like in the other reviews. Add a couple of extras and we'd be paying 30€ for a mealand a nice harbour view. Which is the average price for restaurants in the area. Our jaws dropped when we got a bill for 67.40 €!! The most annoying part is that I didn't listen to my gut instinct after the crap morning coffee made from Nescafe. I'm usually pretty seasoned and hard nosed when it comes to choosing restaurants but got sucked in by lying waiter. Places like this should be shut down as they give Greece a bad name and given the current econo
mic situation local councils should shut these places down so other honest restaurants can flourish in their place.

8  Thank charchi2

Reviewed October 23, 2012

They are not interrested in guests coming back, obviously. They trick people into the restaurant and over-charge, they keep you waiting and the food is no good! This restaurant and These people does not deserve to be in business. Do not go there!!!

6  Thank gorkri
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Smart looking restaurant (white cloth & flowers on tables) & a nice location in Chania Harbour.
'Owner' described the price of several dishes including the 'mixed meze platter' for e23. He also offered a free drink when we sat down at the table. Liked the view & the sound of the meze so decided to have our lunch there. Asked what we would like to drink & said 'two small lagers please' promptly brought & told the two small glasses of lemon cordial that came with the beer were the 'free drinks' The meze platter arrived (together with bread) and was ok. When the bill arrived we were told 'it does not include a service charge'. I asked what the e12 item was - the two beers' & what the e3.80 item was - 'the bread' ! ! . Shame, they obviously are not interested in having 'regular clients' .

7  Thank BarryPaphos
Reviewed September 16, 2012

6 euro for a draft beer, 1.90 euro per person for the bread, added to very high prices for everything on the menu and barely decent portions. Places like this make you feel like not going to a restaurant ever again.

6  Thank Antonio B
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wery Expensive and they promise you free wine and drinks BUT they forget to tell you that you need to pay 3.80€ for eating with knife and fork and for clothing on table. The food is no good and cost too much we payed 12.90€ for just an simple poorkchop okey that prises are little higher in the harbor but not THAT high! and staff was very unfriendley and rude we saw ppl leaving in frustration. Dont let them fool you too!

6  Thank Camilla H