“Amazing!”

Ranked #46 of 446 Restaurants in Chania Town
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first time in chania! I was every well looked after! And the food was amazing and fresh! I was not hassled like the other restaurants around the harbour to come in! I really enjoyed this place and so did my close friends. Wouldn't have a problem with recommending to anyone ! Loved it! :)

5  Thank Mkkkkkk

Reviewed February 25, 2013

one of the best restaurants in the old port chania .with a amazing view

The food is fresh daily.....A good choice is the mix fish for two or four people will be amazing

There are many COOKED day too

The environment is very friendly with very affordable prices....

We love this place and I recommend it if you pass the old port

5  Thank tonykais
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice spot, very nice view. Great food and very satisfying service. A place that i choose to go with my family. You must try fresh fish and ask for the day's special dishes, always on reasonable prices.

6  Thank alpo_11
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Although my partner and I have our favourite tavernas, we've decided to give the Amphora Restaurant a chance as were told we can apply for 10% off our bill when checked in at the Amphora Hotel. We had a pleasant stay at the hotel, though never dined there again. There's a huge competition out there. I would class their food and service as average.

1  Thank NovakJ
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We chose this place based on guide book recommendations and were not disappointed. I asked the waiter why he didn't have a Trip Advisor sign and he said that previously the ratings had been good, but then for no apparent reason they fell. He suspects a nearby competitor, one who's menu is considerably less inspiring, The prices were standard for the area and type of restaurant, the bathroom was lovely and immaculate, the food we had-- the Cretan Salad, lamb cooked in a Cretan style with local greens, the fish soup, etc and so forth-- was all very good. In addition to very good food, the service was unusually attentive. The view was as nice as that of all the restaurants in the area. While designed to cater to tourists, it doesn't go for the giant beer stein crowd, but rather for those looking for a very good meal at a reasonable price. Not bargain fare-- we've had some nice inexpensive food in Greece-- but certainly not overpriced. Very nice (complimentary) dessert as well. Cost for bread with olive paste, salad, several starters and four entrees with two pitchers of wine and two bottles of water came to under 60 Euros.

4  Thank Michael C