“Authentic Cretan cuisine but a bit overrated”
Review of Chrisostomos

Chrisostomos
Ranked #22 of 441 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited Chrisostomos after seeing all the good reviews it got around here, As starters we ordered snails and wine leaves and zucchini flowers stuffed with rice. The snails were nothing special but zucchini flowers were really delicious. As the main course we chose to go for lamb and rabbit which were one of the specials of the day. None of the dishes blew our minds but all of them were nicely cooked.
Would recommend it to someone who goes for authentic taste. It was just not something for our European palettes.

1  Thank offi55
There are newer reviews for Chrisostomos

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to this restaurant as the only negatives that people on this forum seemed to say about it was that the outlook isn't as great as the restaurants around the scenic Chania marina. Well perhaps the view isn't quite as beautiful as those around the very edge of the marina, but being one street back from the water means a quieter, more intimate dining experience.

Well. I think this is quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. I'm not usually the type to order a pork meal as they're not generally well prepared in my opinion, but I ordered the pork stuffed with feta and capsicums/carrot etc and it was to die for!

I have it on good authority from 2 locals that it is a favourite restaurant among the locals. Plus they apparently use food from their own family farm to prepare the meals. This is a dining experience that cannot and should not be missed when visiting Chania.

Fabulous service too, despite being a busy night. The Cretans are exceptionally giving and hospitable!

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Very good service, big portions and nice atmosphere. The beef steak and pork fillet was a bit to well done . Overall a nice restaurant.

1  Thank caroline skeide h
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

If you want to get to know Cretan cuisine, this is the restaurant to go. Every plate is carefully prepared.. I recommend.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

It is mentioned to be one of the best restaurants all over the area.

The dishes are excellent in taste and are cooked in a traditional way.

As for service: Perfect as always. Either for personal or for business issues, this is a restaurant that cares about its customers.

I would give a 4,5 mark if I could but unfortunately, I am not being given this choice. The only reason that I do not give 5 stars is because the location which may be great in general (next to the monument of the venetian walls) but it is not the best to see a parking right across the street.

In general though, it is a perfect restaurant to visit!

1  Thank Kyriakalkis