“A really great experience. Cretan cuisine at its best, in traditional rustic atmosphere.”
Review of Chrisostomos

Chrisostomos
Ranked #22 of 441 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I cannot think of any negative. Great service: the fine art, attention, gentleness, without intrusiveness. Great cretan menu, as other reviewers describe. Bread is great as well, made on site. Good wine list.
I really enjoyed the décor, traditional but not overdone. Wery warm, charming ambiance.
Prices are very reasonable, for quality. This is really upscale, in every way, at reasonable price. The best I had in my trip to Greece.

There are newer reviews for Chrisostomos

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Every time I go to Chania it is my first choice..And then you go again and again...A bread to remember and food to make you extremely satisfied..Homely atmosphere and great service with lots of smiles

1  Thank aggeliki g
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Chrisostomos was recommended to us by our hotel in Chania. It was a bit of a walk from our hotels location, but worth every step! The atmosphere was very charming and cute and because we had called in earlier, they had reserved a table for us. We went there 2 nights in a row and they treated us great both times. Their food was delicious, and my favorites were their Cretan salad and the stuffed wine leaves, tomato and pepper. I am Armenian and we eat stuffed wine/grape leaves (also known as Dolma) a lot. I can safely say the one we had at Chrisostomos were the best I have ever had (sorry grandma!). After our dinner we asked for tea without caffeine and what our waiter brought to us was Malotira, or mountain tea. We had never tried this before, as it is only found in Greece and I believe only in Crete for that matter. It was the tastiest tea, better than chamomile, and we got to enjoy it with some crispy and moist Lukamades. We enjoyed the food and service at Chrisostomos so much that we went back literally two nights in a row. Even after we had had an enormous lunch on the second day we went to Chrisostomos at night to have a salad, dolma and Malotira to end our day on wonderful note.

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stumbled across this excellent place, just around the corner from our hotel, and ate there this evening with a Chania friend, who as impressed as we were. We enjoyed the waiter's recommendations, full of flavour and cooked to perfection in their ovens. The bread and olive oil, and the house wine (Kotsifali) were first class also. The complimentary loukoumades and raki at the end was a pleasant surprise.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great place. We sat on the second floor, close to the brick oven so it was slightly too warm, but that was pretty much the only negative side. The service and the food were simply excellent. I had some moussaka with potatoes and pumpkins which was fantastic. We did not try the meat, but the salad and olive oil and grilled haloumi cheese...yummie

3  Thank Ilija T