“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chrisostomos

Chrisostomos
Ranked #23 of 406 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Warrington
“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I wasn't expecting to eat here, as I was taking the family to To Stachi. However, I had forgotten to mention To Stachi was a vegetarian restaurant and they all rebelled on me!

So just round the corner was Chrisostomos, so we thought we would try it.

Nice place, with great homemade bread and lovely meat dishes. We had mains including the lamb, rolled pork, pork with rice and same with chips.

It was all lovely and the waiters were great. We sat outside which was okay, but it doesn't have a very nice outlook (car park) but we were to hungry to care.

Filled with locals having all sorts of interesting things I would have loved to try. The complimentary dessert was the best we've had so far.....little donuts sprinkled with sesame seeds and honey. Yum!

I don't think I would have planned to go, but having been, I would recommend it and would go back, but just not this time as sooooo many others places to try.

Drop me a line if you want to know more about this place or Chania as a whole.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent food and professional service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The grilled lamb was cooked to perfection! It was tender, soft and delicious. The home made bread was soft, warm and moist. Fantastic meal! Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Cretan Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was recommended this place by a Greek friend of mine, so I knew I had to check it out while I was in Chania. This was one of the best places I ate during my travels through Crete. It is not far from the harbour/port area, and a significant improvement on the touristy places along the waterside strip.

The waiters were very friendly and attentive. They were good at recommending dishes and talking about the food - great if you want to learn more about Cretan cuisine. Warm, fresh bread is served with olives and oil while you wait for your meal to be prepared. The olives were great.

I highly recommend the Cretan salad, which is served with Cretan rusk bread - delicious (pictured). I also had lamb cooked with salt and served with lemon - the meat was very tender and fell away from the bone. It was still very hot when I ate so I had a beer - the locally produced they served in a cold glass was a nice change from the widely available chain beers you get through Greece. I had a yoghurt based dessert with wild cherries - a nice way to finish off the meal.

If I'm back in Chania in future I'll be sure to head back to Chrisostomos!

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Chrisostomos Restaurant Chania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

When we found this restaurant, it was exactly what we wanted to experience, traditional Cretan food cooked with love. We loved the delicate flavours of Cretan cheese used in the salads and in the appetisers such Dakos: a rusk topped with chopped tomato and Cretan cheese. We also loved the slow cooked lamb and thin cheese pie. My favourite was the goat in a wonderful tangy sauce. I couldn't get enough of it. We also tried some wild mountain greens which was something different and full of flavour and freshness. We enjoyed our meal so much that we went back again during our trip. I wouldn't hesitate in going back if ever l returned to Chania.

• Visited July 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Good Cretan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This restaurant is the best place to go in Chania if you want to sample local food at very reasonable prices. The waiter was very good in providing recommendations about what to eat and the food is clearly individually cooked. A great experience!

• Visited June 2013