“Perfect setting”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our last night of holiday and enjoyed a lovely evening at Semiramis. Service was excellent, food really superb. Live Traditional music playing in the background was also fantastic. Can't fault the food in any way, large portions, freshly made, traditional dishes, great choice. Clearly very popular and easy to see why, will definitely return

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Visited twice on recent holiday to Kolymbari. Took 50min bus journey to Chania Town and wasn't disappointed. This restaurant is a little gem and particularly beautiful as night falls. Food, atmosphere was fantastic. What we enjoyed the most was the Live Greek Music by 3 local men. Their songs, tone to their voices etc was beautiful. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for couples and families - everyone made feel so welcome. We visited with 2 children (5&8) with plenty to choose from.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The setting of Semiramis is absolutely fabulous. Mix that in with some great food and live music and you're sorted!

My husband and I enjoyed our meal here, and it's one of my Dad's favourite places to eat, but trying to get the bill was a task! Our only criticism is that when we wanted to leave we had to wait another 30minutes. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be rushed out of there, but when you're tired and just want a quick walk back to the car, it can be a little frustrating!! Would definitely go again though- you can't blame them for being super busy and evidently very popular!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

On a second visit to Chania and ate here twice, lunch and then dinner later in the week. Good service both times, especially in the evening considering the place was full - the guy who appeared to be in charge of the dining area and waiting on tables did not miss a thing the younger staff were doing, it was rather entertaining! There was live music and a lovely atmosphere in the open air space, with unusual décor and water features, plus you weren't in the middle of the street like some places. The food was good.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was an “off piste” restaurant as not picked up on my research but recommended by our family run hotel for our first nights meal. Just off one of the main alley ways running parallel to the harbour and set in a beautiful open air courtyard although indoor seating available.
A nice break to not to have people mithering you and trying to push you into the restaurant as a lot on the harbour do. We arrived to the sound of traditional live Greek music which made the ambience even better.
For starters I ordered deep fried courgette balls and my partner had the tziki with fresh bread both of which were wolfed down.We like to try as many different local dishes as possible so I then had the pastisio which is similar to lasagne with small pasta pieces and what seemed like a mash and cheese type topping for this beef based dish. Whatever it was it was very tasty and filling. My partner had Briam which is a vegetable stew with cheese – she has tried this on some other Greek islands and she said this was one of the best.
I then ordered a very nice baklava and we were also given a further pudding on the house and some raki. With this we had a nice bottle of rose which came in at a total of 50 Euros so very good value indeed.

1  Thank BigSamsWanderer