“Lovely courtyard, delicious traditional cuisine”

Semiramis Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 429 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Lovely courtyard, delicious traditional cuisine”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant whilst exploring the narrow streets of the Old Town and the courtyard looked to enticing to pass by!
Service was friendly and not too much. It felt like we were sitting amongst a lot of Greek people (always a sign of good food if you ask me!)
Food was fresh and delicious! My rabbit was a tiny bit dry but still really good. We also tried a Greek sparkling wine for the first time which along with the complimentary Raki to end the meal ensured we left feeli very merry!
All up a fantastic lunch and would not hesitate to recommend!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The restaurant is in a quiet courtyard right next to where we were staying and had been recommended by a previous visitor. Very nice ambience - and musicians in the evening. Food and service both very good and a free desert & raki to finish.

Visited October 2012
Oakland, California
“Huge portions, astounding salads”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Husband and I were lured down the alley by the sounds of live Cretan music. Boy am I glad we were! Hubby had the Cretan salad - which I totally envied - and mushroom crepes. I had the Pomegranate salad and dolmas, which were served warm. The food was so tasty - the best we had in Chania. Everything from the bread and olives to the raki and donut and icecream was tops! The musicians playing traditional Cretan songs reminded me fondly of bluegrass.

1 Thank muchamuse
Melbourne, Australia
“Atmospheric Semi Ramis”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had eaten here a couple of times in 2005 and was looking forward to return in October 2012. Love the atmosphere in this garden setting and especially when the musicians are playing there. Food, of course, is the main reason to go there and on this count it delivers very nicely. Over two nights we tried lamb from the oven, mannas meat balls, stuffed onions, zucchini croquettes, mini cheese pies and boureki in fill pastry. All recommended

1 Thank JohnandDeborahTedge
March, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting but disappointing...”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was recommended this restaurant and its setting in a corner of the old town with Greek music playing was promising, however it failed to live up to its billing.
Hastily produced mince pancakes had little mince in them and the main course was brought out before I was even half way through the starter.. Chips were soggy and greasy.
Seemed like they were trying to move me on quickly, perhaps because I was a single diner.
On the plus side, they did produce a free sweet and reiki....

2 Thank fen_boy_15