TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful day!

We spent our last day in Crete sailing with Nikos. It was the perfect way to end our trip to Crete... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Marjory R
Ithaca, New York
via mobile
Amazing private sailing experience!

My wife and I had a fantastic full-day sailing experience with Nikos! This was one of the... read more

Reviewed October 12, 2019
alexr781
San Francisco, California, United States

Recommended experiences in and around Crete
from $90.11
from $66.45
from $84.48
from $107.00
More Info
All reviews sailing experience souda bay meatballs an experienced sailor great company greek salad highly recommend this trip unique experience great fun sailboat nikos sails skipper nicolas whatsapp karachi teacher
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019

To get an appreciation for Crete you have to take time on the water. This is a well equipped boat that comfortably fit 9 visitors and the skipper. We had a full day sail mixed in with food, swimming, excellent sailing. Learned some history, culture in an easy environment. The skipper did an excellent job accommodating our group and various interests... from hands on sailing to simply laying around and working on our tans.

I would recommend, sun block, the cooler temperatures (vs. Florida) and boat shade made a few of us forget to cover up. I would also recommend discussing what you are looking for with Nicolas, he will work with you to meet your needs, hospitality comes naturally to him.

A truly unique experience.

Date of experience: May 2019
NikolaosG96, Owner at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Meeting and understanding people has been a natural instinct from a very young age..having a whole family aboard is a pleasure, especially when everyone feels comfortable with their company and their surroundings. This sailiing trip was my opportunity to spend time with a family that had a truly easy going feeling with each other as well as the experience to handle and understand a sailboat with ease to create a fun experience.
I thank you for your excellent review and please remember that here in Chania you will all be remembered with the hope we will meet again. Fair winds in all of life's travels.
Your friend in Greece
Nikos

Reviewed May 12, 2019

I chartered this boat for several days to explore several islands around Crete. Nikos the skipper is extremely knowledgeable about the region and his vessel, and he us a pleasure to hang out with generally--very amicable and patient, he allows you to get as hand's on as you like. With 20 yrs in the US, his English is perfect.
The boat is large--43'--and was comfortable for the three of us. It is rigged for stability and felt safe and secure in 20 knot winds.
The food was fantastic--serious fests around the cockpit table--the islands beautiful, the sunrises and sunsets over the Med unforgettable...all in all, a fantasy vacation.
I highly recommend this vessel, captain, and experience.

Date of experience: April 2019
NikolaosG96, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Spending time aboard a sailboat and having good company makes all the difference between a good and an excellent sailing experience!
I truly thank all of you that spent some of your vacation days and nights on our long sailing voyage. Keep your free spirit alive and with a positive outlook for life, may the winds be on your side and the sun on your back!

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We had a phenomenal day aboard Be Happy. Our Skipper, Nicolas, was a pleasure; knowledgeable about Chania, Crete and a wonderful cook! The boat is super comfortable and sails very well. We are glad we included this as part of our adventures in Crete.

Date of experience: May 2019

First of all I want to express my appreciation that you took the time to spend time aboard "Be Happy" as well as being part of its sailing crew.
You are the best of company and the day we spent together will always bring back a nice memory . I wish you and all your family the best with fair winds in all of life's travels.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

We stayed 3 nights ( September 2018) on the comfortable sailboat. What a great experience - living on a sailboat.
The little harbour sheltered the waves and we had a very good nights sleep and enjoyed our time on the boat. Chania is just a short distance away and there is also a lot to explore in the surrounding area.
Nikos took us on a one day sailing trip ( we had to wait until the weather conditions were right and on our last day we were lucky and had the chance to go)
He showed us how to sail, which was great fun because we were total beginners and while we swam, he surprised us with an amazing spread of very tasty local dishes for lunch.
We had an awesome time.
Thank you so much for this unforgettable experience.
We enjoyed it so much.

Date of experience: September 2018
NikolaosG96, Owner at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to visit us and spend time aboard our sailboat as well as for your beautiful company while we went out sailing the bay and the Cretan Sea. My reward is meeting excellent people such as you , from all different places of the world. I hope that you will visit our island again in the future, it has so much more to offer. I wish you the best in all of life's travels and may the wind be on your side, always.
Nikos

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

We had a marvelous time sailing with Nikos. We learned how to sail and the history of the local attractions. He cooked a delicious traditional meal with locally grown veggies. I highly recommend taking a trip with Nikos.

Date of experience: October 2018
NikolaosG96, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

I thank you both, Carrie and Anne, for taking the time to find us and spend a full day of your vacation aboard our sailboat, "ΩΡΙΩΝ". It was my pleasure to go sailing with your company and show you the relaxing pleasures of sailing on the Cretan Sea.I wish you the best in all your travels and please find the time to visit us again, you will be welcome, anytime.