TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful day!

We spent our last day in Crete sailing with Nikos. It was the perfect way to end our trip to Crete... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Marjory R
Ithaca, New York
via mobile
Amazing private sailing experience!

My wife and I had a fantastic full-day sailing experience with Nikos! This was one of the... read more

Reviewed October 12, 2019
alexr781
San Francisco, California, United States

Recommended experiences in and around Crete
from $90.11
from $66.45
from $84.48
from $107.00
More Info
All reviews sailing experience souda bay meatballs an experienced sailor great company greek salad highly recommend this trip unique experience great fun sailboat nikos sails skipper nicolas whatsapp karachi teacher
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

We stayed 3 nights ( September 2018) on the comfortable sailboat. What a great experience - living on a sailboat.
The little harbour sheltered the waves and we had a very good nights sleep and enjoyed our time on the boat. Chania is just a short distance away and there is also a lot to explore in the surrounding area.
Nikos took us on a one day sailing trip ( we had to wait until the weather conditions were right and on our last day we were lucky and had the chance to go)
He showed us how to sail, which was great fun because we were total beginners and while we swam, he surprised us with an amazing spread of very tasty local dishes for lunch.
We had an awesome time.
Thank you so much for this unforgettable experience.
We enjoyed it so much.

Date of experience: September 2018
NikolaosG96, Owner at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to visit us and spend time aboard our sailboat as well as for your beautiful company while we went out sailing the bay and the Cretan Sea. My reward is meeting excellent people such as you , from all different places of the world. I hope that you will visit our island again in the future, it has so much more to offer. I wish you the best in all of life's travels and may the wind be on your side, always.
Nikos

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

We had a marvelous time sailing with Nikos. We learned how to sail and the history of the local attractions. He cooked a delicious traditional meal with locally grown veggies. I highly recommend taking a trip with Nikos.

Date of experience: October 2018
NikolaosG96, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

I thank you both, Carrie and Anne, for taking the time to find us and spend a full day of your vacation aboard our sailboat, "ΩΡΙΩΝ". It was my pleasure to go sailing with your company and show you the relaxing pleasures of sailing on the Cretan Sea.I wish you the best in all your travels and please find the time to visit us again, you will be welcome, anytime.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Nikos was an amazing guide! We went for sailing from morning to evening. While we were snorkeling, he prepared a delicious meal on the boat! We saw a lot of different places arround Souda. We totally recommend!

Date of experience: August 2018

It was my pleasure to have met you and of course it was simply a lot of fun to have you aboard with your excellent company while we sailed. I thank you for your nice review and i will always look forward to seeing you again.
So throw away the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails! Explore. Dream and Discover!

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing time! We spent 3 days with Nikos on both land and sea adventuring up to the villages in the mountains and sailing to the farthest tip of the bay. He cooked us incredible Greek food on the boat and took us to the best restaurants. We were so lucky to have found Nikos and would have spent more time with him if we could. It's amazing to see the island through Nikos eyes. If you are looking for a genuine experience please go this route! You are the BEST Nikos, hasta la próxima vez mi amigo. ¡Abrazos!

Date of experience: September 2018
NikolaosG96, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

I thank you, sincerely, for your excellent review but most of all I thank you for taking the time to come aboard "ΩΡΊΩΝ " sail the blue waters of the Sea of Crete and of course for all the time we spent together in all the off the beaten paths of Chania! I wish you all the best in all of life 's travels and may the winds be always on your side and the sun on your back. Come and visit us again, there's so much more to explore.!

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Thanks Nikos, we had a great time. Your expertise and knowledge and sense of humour made the experience even better. Until next time

Date of experience: August 2018
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you both for taking the time to write a review about your time spent aboard our sailboat "ΩΡΊΩΝ ". It was my pleasure to meet you and have your company sailing the Cretan sea. I hope to see you again and may favorable winds always be on your side.