Here in Greece it happens very often (not always, I know). The places in a good location are always full, consequentely the owners don't make any effort for the customers. No good maintenance, no good service, no good food. So if you are looking for good service or good food, go to a taverna in a side street instead of the one on the waterside in the town center. Look for a hotel on the bad side of the bay, instead of the one right on the beach.
We didn't care about these things. We loved the room at Ifigenia because it was cheap and in a fantastic position facing the harbour in the town center. From our decadent balcony we could see all the bay with the mosque right in front of us. The very old furniture, floor and baldacchino bed gave us all the decadent feeling of being in a real venetian house of 1500. It doesn't matter if there was a hole in the floor, if you felt the balcony falling down on top of the restaurant in the street, or if the shower curtain was full of moisture. We just loved it all. Then it depends on you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ifigenia's Center has Rooms, Studios and Suites for rent in several buildings in the heart of the Old Venetian Harbour of Chania. Everybody is welcome, whether young or old. Rooms are of great variety: standard or more demanding till Suites. Our main concern is the well being and the comfort of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Ifigenia Rooms and Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifigenia Rooms And Studios Hotel Chania Town
- Ifigenia Rooms And Studios Chania, Crete