“Fast & Delicious”

Tamam Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 424 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Fast & Delicious”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed in Chania for 3 days, and this was the best restaurant we ate at. My personal favorite was the meat pie, so savory and delicious. And, unlike every other restaurant we encountered in Greece, they serve you FAST! No waiting 30 minutes or more. We had our food within 10 minutes of ordering. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We ate there last night and the food was fantastic. The Iranian rice was excellent. If you want to eat after 8pm then might need to book.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Great local food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We arrived late but Crete seems to stay open late. The service and food was excellent after a long day's travel, really good quality ingredients and nice local wine and beer too. The location is very quaint and Chania well worth a visit.

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Meh”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I really don't understand why this place got such rave reviews. I went on the recomendation of the hotel staff where I stay...

The building that it is in is historical and quite nice. I believe it used to be an old bath house... But, as many have said here, the service was pretty appalling. I truly felt like I was a huge inconvenience for the waiter, who rushed through any greetings as a matter of form without so much as a tonal inflection. Anything we asked for as 'extra' was practically accompanied by a sigh, as if we were so audacious to ask something of our waiter.

The food itself was okay. The Cretan pies were very yummy, but the calamari was rubbery and incredibly difficult to eat - which was sad because calamari is one of my favourite foods. That being said, I didn't send it back so I can't comment as to how this sort of complaint would have been handled.

I don't think I would go back, there are a plethora of different restaurants in the old town, and if these guys don't step up their game, I think they will lose a lot of custom.

The Hague, The Netherlands
“If you know one Greek restaurant....”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

You know them all. But Taman does the standard fare pretty well at reasonable prices. And they have some specialities that are well worth a try. The Iranian Rice for instance with nuts and fruits.