“Girls Retreat”

Ranked #65 of 94 Hotels in Agios Nikolaos
Bayside, New York
“Girls Retreat”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great place for a get away. We had a lovely time. The hotel was clean, the staff were very friendly. We were treated like family. The entire staff made us feel welcome and comfortable the whole time. From breakfast with Didi to drinks at night at the bar. Thank you Harry we had a great time. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, expecting a cheap but decent 3* hotel after reading the reviews. We were wrong. While it is true that the staff are friendly and helpful, the room was horrible. It was straight out of the 70s, which would have been ok in itself if not for everything else - the room and bathroom were dirty (floors, patio table, bath and the corridors outside), the bath drain and taps were very rusty, the shower head/hose were old, the hairdyer was sticky, grimy and dirty, the 'kitchen' had nothing but 2 glasses in it. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank APap1245

Travelers are raving about these Agios Nikolaos hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I really enjoyed the great hotel and the village, the hotel pool is lovely and the staff is super helpful and friendly I certainly come here back again another time to enjoy some more

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Danny V
Berrien Center, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Mikro Village through a Groupon we had bought. I wasn't sure what to expect, since this was our first time traveling outside of the country, but I can say we weren't expecting too much. The room was very spacious (we had a second floor room), and the overall size of the facilities were very comfortable. We both spent a lot of time in the lounge area, played tennis (they can provide rackets and balls), played backgammon, swam in the pool, and bought a few drinks at their bar. The outdoor bar wasn't open at the time we went, but that would have been fun.

Location was not bad. It's on top of a hill, and you have to be willing to walk to get down to Agios Nikolaos. It is a nice walk. Keep in mind you have to walk uphill to get back to your hotel.

They had a really nice garden. Very large and definitely give the hotel some class. Breakfast was great, but you do have to pay for it (for us it was included in our Groupon). If you can afford it, I would recommend it! I would recommend a car for transport, because the bus station is a bit of a walk with luggage, and the bus stop (which is closer) is on a very busy road during the day. If we go to Agios Nikolaos again, we would definitely go back for the staff, more than for the hotel itself, even though we were quite comfortable there.

Pros:
Beautiful garden
Huge pool
Spacious areas
Fantastic staff
Laundry service (5+ euros)

Cons:
Full kitchen, but stove is unplugged and there is no equipment or utensils
Internet didn't reach our room
No screens, so can't leave windows open, and AC costs extra

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lily S
Seattletraveler1965
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My friend and I used a Groupon voucher to stay in this lovely hotel in May 2012. Manager Harry communicated with me via email answering all the questions; he assured us that we will have a sea view room because the hotel was not full in May. We arrived late following provided by Harry directions that were clear and detailed. Next day we were given a rooftop suite with a huge terrace and a sitting room, at no charge. Housekeeping was efficient and the hotel staff recommended many activities and places to visit. Breakfast was good and filling. Hotel is clean, with a huge pool, fitness room, and a sauna. We used sauna twice after long trips to other islands.

Overall, I am happy with my stay on Crete and will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooftop room if available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Seattletraveler1965
Den Haag, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed for a week in this big small village hotel. It offers different types of rooms in building from the end of the 80's. The owner is gradually renovating it. The main attraction are its swimming pool and -for us- its tennis court. Rooms are clean with a fridge and air co. The breakfast offers a lot of choices, but isn't very outspoken. No fresh juice, so we bought our own in the supermarket nearby. A lot of mosquito's in the evening, so keep the windows closed.

We didn't have dinner in the hotel, but went to Agios Nicolaos or ate during our trips. Because of the Euro crisis - we assume - it was not very crowded, not in the hotel, not elsewhere.

The hotel is great for discovering the east part of crete by car. We visited not only the East coast, the Lassithi plain and Elounda, but also Herakleion and Knossos. Roads are overall good, but expect a lot of curves.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jan_Lelie
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I went to Hotel Mikro Village thru a Groupon I bought. In all honesty I wasn't sure what to expect because I didn't paid very much for a 6 night stay, but was I plesently surprised! All the stuff was so great and very helpful! The location of the hotel is not white downtown, but it is about a 15 minutes walk uphill (there are two different path, a longer shallower climb, and a shorter steeper climb). However, I didn't mind at all the walk, I considered it a workout, and at times you get this great view of the Mediterranean Sea. Especially after grabbing dinner downtown, it was a nice walk that help to diver the great food you can find downtown. As for the room, I thought that for the money it was a very good value, nothing particularly fancy, but clean and comfortable.
Breakfasts in the morning was good, even though the coffee could be a little stronger...
I loved Agios Nikolaos so much that I promised myself to come back, and if I do I will definitely book my stay at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012
#26 of 94 in Agios Nikolaos
Villa Galini
Villa Galini
#1 of 1 in Katsikia

Been to Hotel Mikro Village? Share your experiences!