“Fantastic team and setup”

Pelagos Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Agios Nikolaos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pelagos Dive Centre has been operating since 1987 and is located in Agios Nikolaos (Crete, Greece), in the grounds of the Minos Beach hotel, one of Crete's most attractive and luxurious five star bungalow hotel complexes. It is ideal for all divers and free divers. Situated on the water's edge in the picturesque calm bay of Aghios Nikolaos. Relaxed, easy multilevel diving and free diving in current free crystal clear waters with 30m+ visibility. Dive sites include apart from a rich variety of interesting and safe marine life, reefs, drop offs, caverns, WW2 artifacts and ancient remains. Most sites are within 20 mins ride onboard our 10m purpose built, jet driven dive boat, with easy boarding access. Snorkelers and non divers are also welcom onboard Multilingual instructors with over 25 years of experience ensure safe and easy learning in an ideal controlled sea environment infront of our dive centre. We fully comply with all safety requirements. We hold EN certifications by BUREAU VERITAS and local authorities. Come join us for a memorable diving experience !
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am a PADI diver for over 10 years and have dived all over the world but still was very impressed with the Pelagos setup.
They are in a great location at the end of the jetty and carry your equipment. The staff are all very experienced and have a friendly and helpful attitude which is welcoming. They are fluently multilingual in English,Greek and French ( possibly more ).
The boat and all the equipment is clean and in good condition. The shop and storage area is tidy and organised with the benefit of a shower room. There was an interesting house reef only 10 mins away in the boat and it was sheltered with good visibility despite windy conditions.
I felt confident and safe to be diving with such an experienced and professional setup. There were many hospitable touches I appreciated like them bringing a cool box of drinking water on the boat for us and we were invited to sit round the table in the shaded porch area and offered refreshments and chance to relax together and chat after the dive.
I feel they deserve every success with their business and look forward to coming back again.

2  Thank Cathy M
"amphorae"
"boat"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I scuba dived twice with Pelagos Dive Centre this May. It was very enjoyable and professional. Stephanos, Manu and Kathryn make it a lovely experience. It's friendly, reassuring, safe and I highly recommend it. Their gear is very well maintained and mainly brand new. The dive is amazing and they adapt to different skills and needs. And it always finishes with a warm cup of tea and a chat about Crete and Diving. I loved the place.

2  Thank xvallee
Reviewed May 27, 2014

So I first came across Pelagos when internet searching two years ago, and staying in nearby Elounda. I had a great dive with them. So it seemed natural when returning this year that I dive with them again.

And I had another great two dives with these guys. Having dived all over the med, this is one of my favourite dive centres for a few reasons:

+ Really friendly staff - Stephanos and Manu are great, and relaxed too which is nice
+ Nice location - beautiful
+ Dive sites are really close so no really long boat trips
+ Loads of fish - unusual for the med.
+ Not overly crowded and not swamped by tourists doing test dives. My last dive was one-to-one and I had 60 minutes underwater at up to 28m.
+ Boat hire and kayak hire available too.

I would recommend these guys, because they are nice people to deal with.

1  Thank TimAll
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went for the Scuba Dive Certificate and had a great time. Manu is a great teacher both for diving and sailing. Very professional, PADI-certified dive school, so they really know what they are doing. Cool diving spots.

1  Thank Marius W