Alantha is set just off the sea front in the local area so you are away from the busy tourist part. The lake and all the restaurants and shops you would want are just 5 minutes walk away it was the perfect location for us. It was a little gem! We arrived at 2am with the manager waiting to greeting us after our long transfer he had made sure we had water in the fridge for our arrival. We booked a standard studio apartment and it was really lovely, modern and clean. Having been different islands in Greece and knowing how basic it could of been, it wasn't with fitted kitchen marble bathroom and a power shower!
The roof top pool and bar is great and run by the wonder that is Lisa! Now Lisa is simply incredible and is the real gem at this hotel. She does everything for you and I mean everything. Including all breakfast for everyone in the morning. Shes on her own working the bar and pool and she still will greet you with a wonderful smile every day and nothing will ever be too much trouble for her. And her breakfast and Greek salads are to die for we will miss them! Along with Lisa who made our stay here was Angela who mainly runs the reception but helps out where she is needed. Again nothing to much trouble for her gave advice when needed on where to go. She arranged for our late checkout and we could have our room for as long as we needed it for the day we were leaving and was just lovely to chat to in all honesty again always with a smile and happy to see us.
The views from the roof top pool are breath taking you can see pretty much the whole island from up there. Agios Nikolaos really is beautiful. The views the people the atmosphere. We never had a bad meal out and we ate out every night. Restaurants are a bit more expensive around the lake as that's more tourist area but if you walk right around to the other side past the little train there are more restaurants there. I recommend Amalthea traditional Greek good food with very fresh fish! The waiters in there are really nice and friendly. It's always full of the locals that's when you know it's good.
So if your looking for somewhere beautiful, romantic with a few bars for dancing this area of Crete is perfect. And the Alantha is a wonderful little place to stay. Are we booking to go back? Most definitely !
I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. People have left reviews moaning about the steps they have to walk up every night to the hotel, actually you don't have to walk up any if you don't want to if you turn right out of the hotel and follow the road down the hill it leads straight to the lake.
Best thing about this place apart from it being so clean and a great location and the apartment being really nice , has to be Angela and of course our lovely Lisa! Lisa thank you for everything you made our holiday and our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alantha Apartments is a small and friendly family run complex situated in a quiet street just five minutes from the town centre and a three-minute walk to a sandy beach. Our aim is to offer our guests a first-class holiday accommodation experience in clean, comfortable and relaxing surroundings. We value all of our customers and look forward to welcoming them to the Alantha Apartments and the beautiful island of Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alantha Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alantha Apartments Agios Nikolaos
- Alantha Apartments Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Alantha Apartments Crete
- Alantha Apartments Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos