1,192 results
All reviewsprivate poolpalm barsea viewsuperior roomsplash poolmobility problemsa la carte restaurantreception staffrestaurant manageranimation teamone bedroom suiteall inclusive optiondifferent levelshalf boardnearby beachflights of stairsbranded drinks
Reviewed June 23, 2015

Just back from a very relaxing week in June, we had a suite with private pool (room no. 637) and gorgeous views larger pool than most as on the end of a row so had extra garden as well with lovely flowers!!
Food was very good one of the best all ins we have had (Ultra) but as one of the other reviews said they don't really explain about the drinks we spent the week just having cups of water as we didn't know with Ultra you could have bottle water!!!! as the pool bar always asked for you room no.? We asked Monica who runs the pool bar and Al a Carte on the the last day why she was the only one to ask your room no. she said was just told to ask it by management! from every one so we thought it was because you would be charged for it but as we found out on checking out there was no charge! No blame on Monica she was lovely looking after us very well and worked very hard every day no stop!! same as the head waiter very good (in the main restaurant ) there was just one bar maid blonde lady that seemed to upset some customers with issuing drinks we never had a problem with her but saw a few run ins and one lady had her taken to management over a row!! i think myself it may be the managements fault as they seem to have but the fear of god in them about giving out drinks as few as possible i would think they have been told so you can't blame them!! (not saying we had any trouble getting drinks we always got what we ask for) but you know you always get some people that have to try and abuse the drinks and food which spoils it for others. We found all the staff very friendly and nice. Every where was very clean and tidy. It is very hilly lots of steps up and down but we did expect that when it says Panaramic views all in all very good and would go back.

1  Thank juju48177
miramare1, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Miramare Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Miramare Resort & Spa for your visit to Crete. Our guest feedback is invaluable to us and helps us to enhance the experience and address the finer details so we do appreciate your comments. As we welcome any kind of constructive criticism I have taken your notes on board which will only help us improve in the areas you mention.

Once more I would like to thank you for your opinion and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at Miramare Resort & Spa in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2015

I have just returned from a week at the Miramare Resort & Spa.
Loved it, in fact, absolutely loved it and would go back again.
It was so beautiful, very clean, immaculate.
I went Ultra All Inclusive which was not all I hoped for, did have a choice of International Spirits but not wines or beers, apparently I could have asked but was noever told this, so do ask.
My room was fantastic, my own privaye pool, much bigger than I expected. I stayed in room 616 , I believ any of the rooms with private pools room numbers 600 and above are lovely, my room had two doube beds pusshed together, two bathrooms, a lounge, masses of storage........so clean and spacious.
If I coudl suggest anything, take a travel kettle as there are no tea/coffee amking facilities in the room.
There was a fridge, hairdriers were OK but wish I had taken my own.
The Miramare Resort was massive but never felt oveercrowded.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Food was exellent considering it was All Inclusive, always very fresh and plenty of it. It was a bit samey but it was all inclusive after all............we all know what to expect. It was fresh, hot, tasty, what more can you ask for?
There is a lot of stairs and steps, there are lifts of course, but I found the stairs great exercise to burn off those calories.
The only disappointment for me was the entertainment, or lack of, usual resort entertainment team, they were a hard working, jolly bunch but I did not wish to spend my evenings playing bingo and quizes so preferred to vebture down to the Marina and the Port area, make sure you visit the Port area as it is much bigger and livelier than the Marina area, a bit further but well worth the walk, a taxi to the Port only cost 5 Euros.
We had some lovely meals in Agios Nikalous, especially ina seafood restautant named Pelagos. We had starters, main course, a bottle of recommended wine which was lovely, free Ouzo and Sorbet all for 75 Euros.
I would definitely recommend this restuarant.
We went on a boat trip to the Island of Spinalonga, well worth the money, thoroughly enjoyed it.
I did not use the spa at the hotel, very expensive.........
The pools at the hotel were spotless and not cold. I managed to swim my laps twice a day, often had the pool to myself aso was never hindered................bliss.
The Free A La Carte meal was fantastic though I wished I had bought a good bottle of wine as the house wine is not great, but we were never offered a wine list and did not think to ask.
All in all, a very stress free, relaxing holiday.................not a place for children ot teenagers I don't think, not a ,lot for them to do............great for couples.
Make sure you visit the beach which is not visible from the hotel but is around the next cove, lovely sandy beach, watersports, sunloungers and umbrellas. You cannot access the sea directly from the hotel, but a short walk will bring you to this lovely beach where you can. We did not find this for a few days, did not know it was there, you cannot hear this lively beach from the hotel, the ambience of Miramare is peaceful and relaxing. No traffic noise, no airplane noise, no lager louts or hens and stags, just peace and quiet.
I would really recommend this resort, it is a 2 hour drive from the airport by transfer, I would consider car hire or private taxi next time, but that is just a minor criticism. The bus was comfortable and air conditioned so the 2 hour journey was enjoyable, especially looking at the wonderful views.
Give it a try.............well worth a try.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed June 20, 2015

As with previous reviews we found the restaurant and reception staff always friendly and helpful, we had b and b and found the food excelent catering for every taste although didn't really fancy a wedge of feta on tomatoes as other guests seemed to like for breakfast!
Local small beach was small and not that attractive but the crystal clear warm sea made up for that, not forgetting the adjoining taverna serving cheap beer and snacks by a charming waitress.A fifteen minute stroll into the main resort takes you to an abundance of shops and restaurants.We loved the resort and not one all day breakfast in site!

Room Tip: Our sea view room was small but the view made up for that
1  Thank peetybabes1
miramare1, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Miramare Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review and for choosing to stay with us! I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed all aspects of it. We do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back on a future visit.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2015

Just returned from a weeks stay. Excellent location, only 10 min walk into town. Good quality hotel facilities especially the swimming pools, we have never swam in such clean, fresh water in a hotel pool. Cannot fault the cleanliness throughout. The staff were a credit to the hotel especially Klaire in the restaurant.
Our room was a superior suite, sea view etc. I wouldn't have classed it as a suite as the sitting area was a large hallway with a sofa bed, however the bedroom area was huge. Bathroom had no window or extraction fan, got a bit steamy at times! Take your own toiletries, hair stuff not provided. Would have really liked tea making facilities as most rooms are a long way from the restaurant.
We were all inclusive as that was the only option we had with our travel company. This is where the hotel falls short I'm afraid. At least half of the customers were on B&B or half board, they have two levels of AI, it's a logistical mess. The staff are confused, the customers are confused and they have so many petty rules they seem to have missed the point that customers on AI HAVE ALREADY PAID, IT'S NOT FREE! For some reason that has no explanation, you have to give your room no. when ordering a drink at the pool, this is a drink you are entitled to and if in doubt you are wearing the band of shame to prove it. If you are on the basic AI, you can only have water by the glass, you are not allowed a plastic bottle or to fill your own plastic bottle from the dispenser. Water was only provided in your room on arrival, never replenished. Making it harder to get water than a beer is just daft. There is a really good coffee machine in the restaurant, but you can't use it at lunchtime, why not??
No issues with the food, plenty of choice. Given the option I would go B&B, eat occasionally in the restaurant and eat out the rest of the time. I'm sure the hotel has been bullied into doing all inclusive by some tour operators, they should review it and either do it properly, or revert to a normal hotel.
I'm not usually a fan of animation teams, but the little gang they have here have got it spot on. No pressure to join in, just a few pool based activities that don't go on too long and general good humour and politeness from them all. Alba, we promise to do our Pilates every morning just like you taught us!
Also a mention for the Spa. Top quality facilities, excellent treatment. About the same prices as a UK massage, if you have the time, treat yourself.
I know I've moaned about the fiasco of the all inclusive, but im trying to be constructive and get managment to see it from the customers viewpoint.I really do recommend this hotel but maybe on a more flexible option. We would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get a sea view but splash pool fairly unnecessary.
3  Thank ComeonAugust

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Miramare Resort & Spa for your visit to Crete. We consider our guests feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during you stay. In addition, regarding your comments about the all-inclusive programme i have taken them on board for future improvement.
Hope that you had a pleasant trip home and we do look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed June 17, 2015

I'll start with positives! Absolutely stunning location, beautiful beaches close by, also 2 great little beach tavernas on the doorstep, plus tonnes of great places to eat in Agios Nikolaos (DON'T GET ALL INCLUSIVE!). Polite staff. The air con worked!
Negatives... Unfortunately, booking a standard room or bungalow means really a 1 or 2 star room hidden at the back of this 4 star hotel, by the dilapidated open air theatre. They're tired, hidden and forgotten. Bubbles come out of the drain in the middle of the bathroom floor tiles each time you shower. The plug sockets are dangling off precariously. The hair dryer should be housed in a museum of relics circa 1974. An obsolete piece of machinery. So if you can, don't book a 'standard' room, as frankly, it's pretty sub-standard.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard room or bungalow.
1  Thank Sarah W
miramare1, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Miramare Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Kindest regards,