Agious Nikolaos is a great place, nice blend of shops, restaurants and bars (without the "thump, thump" music) not to mention two very picturesque beach coves, one of which is literally two minutes walk across the road from the Mare Hotel Apartments.
We enjoyed our stay greatly, the hotel staff were all absolutely fantastic with our special thanks and "Stin iyia sas" going to George, Anastacia, Manolis and Christina who all made us feel very welcome.
The food was also top draw, Greek in style with a choice of fish, chicken and meat, either pork or beef sometimes both, at lunchtime and evening meals with plenty of fresh fruit and salad choices.
Our apartment was plenty big enough for two adults and two children and we also had the benefit of a balcony with the most beautiful view of the beach and sea. Good efficient aircon and regular changes of towels and bed linen, from the friendly cleaning lady, all added to our stay.
On the whole if you are looking for something a little bit different from the norm, for example NOT a huge impersonal all inclusive hotel where you don't talk to the same member of staff twice, this quiet little Cretan jem with the personal touch might be just what you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mare Olympus Apartments in Aghios Nikolaos CreteMare Olympus Apartments is an exquisite combination for those questing for tasting the core of the vivid nightlife of the cosmopolitan city of Agios Nikolas as well as the quietness of a blue flag fully organized beach! Being situated in one of the oldest and quieter neighborhoods and next to Kitroplatia beach, our guests may choose to walk around the tiled little streets of the shopping district and it numerous stores or swim in the pebble beach whose waters are so clearly transparent that urchins are visible on the rocks. Just at the other side of the cove, at the end of a tiled ally full of romantic restaurants and cafes, lovers of walking may find a newly created foot path by the sea leading them finally to the organized yacht marina. The property is blessed with extraordinary views of wild Cretan mountains, the Chaene Gorge and the endless blue of the sea that like a carpet extends itself till the eye can see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mare-Olympus Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mare Apartments Agios Nikolaos
- Mare-Olympus Apartments Crete/Agios Nikolaos