Unfortunately our holiday was very mixed at this hotel. Being half Greek i had a fairly good idea as to what to expect from a Cretian hotel but Olympic Holidays completely let us down and i would not recommend anyone to book with them ever. The hotel was mixed but overall i felt fleeced out of nearly £2500. The Olympic rep was non existent and forgot to give us any literature with contact numbers on arrival and did not turn up at the hotel once. Olympic were also too cheap to book an extra coach on pick up from the airport to take us in the right direction, instead one coach toured the southern part of the island at 5am taking hours instead of 40 minutes. We had no one to confirm our inbound flights with or to confirm our return transport to the airport. Eventually we asked the hotel manager who told us we were due to check out 2 days before our return flight, my confirmation booking said the opposite and the manager refused to speak to the tour operator so i had use my UK mobile to call which has cost a fortune and Olympic told me that the hotel had it wrong and they would re-send the booking. The manager spoke to us after the email and tried to deny she had tried to get us to check out early, after she had told us she was expecting another booking to arrive that day, but then said were supposed to check out one day before our flight. Something was definitely not right because our booking was all inclusive and the manager had transferred all our meals to the day we had been forced to check out of the hotel which did not make any sense. I called Olympic again and i was told it was not their responsibility and that the hotel manager could book us into another hotel which the hotel manager refused to do. Olympic then told me i would have to take it up in the UK. I was, and am furious, especially after explaining that my ten year old child was with us and that i had the paperwork - from Olympic - to prove that our booking was until the 7 August not the 6 August. The hotel was fully booked and I had to find another hotel and pay for another room for one day - i suspect this all happened because of a double booking. Appalling, appalling service and attitude. The staff on our last day of eating (but not staying at the hotel) then asked for tip before we checked out. Incredible. They actually looked surprised when i said no. Apart from that the food is good but not great and the hotel turned off the air conditioning two nights during the night which meant the room became unbearably hot at 4am. The apartments are also oversold, they are more than a hotel room but i would not call them apartments either, they don't fit 4 people well. The hotel also charged 5 Euros an hour for wifi which Cretian hotels don't normally do and the connection was rubbish, funnily enough the free wifi connections worked perfectly. Our room was cleaned every day but the towels were not changed every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mare Olympus Apartments in Aghios Nikolaos CreteMare Olympus Apartments is an exquisite combination for those questing for tasting the core of the vivid nightlife of the cosmopolitan city of Agios Nikolas as well as the quietness of a blue flag fully organized beach! Being situated in one of the oldest and quieter neighborhoods and next to Kitroplatia beach, our guests may choose to walk around the tiled little streets of the shopping district and it numerous stores or swim in the pebble beach whose waters are so clearly transparent that urchins are visible on the rocks. Just at the other side of the cove, at the end of a tiled ally full of romantic restaurants and cafes, lovers of walking may find a newly created foot path by the sea leading them finally to the organized yacht marina. The property is blessed with extraordinary views of wild Cretan mountains, the Chaene Gorge and the endless blue of the sea that like a carpet extends itself till the eye can see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mare-Olympus Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mare Apartments Agios Nikolaos
- Mare-Olympus Apartments Crete/Agios Nikolaos