“Back to its best!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester
“Back to its best!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Have eaten here probably 20 times over the past 3 or 4 years. The first 15 or so visits were 'as good as it gets' but within the last year had a few 'good rather than excellent' experiences I think mainly due to the restaurant losing 2 of its good staff.

I can happily report that Chrisofyllis is back on track! The owners seem to be taking a more hands on approach and I can honestly say the meal (especially the fried fresh calimari) was as good as I've ever had there. The amount of flavour they get into their meze dishes is incredible, but probably the biggest surprise is how good the salads taste. The apaki pork and the haloumi are regular favourites but I don't think you can go far wrong with anything you order. House wine superb too.

Prices are on a par with most of the other popular meze restaurants - can feel fully fed and tipsy for 50 euros between 2.

1 Thank DaviesR43

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very good traditional food . Homey and caring service.
Great value for money. We ate sardines, Soflaki and a very good salad with Halumi cheese.
We enjoyed their home-made bread with special spreading.

• Visited October 2012
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
“great food, staff and location”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

had an early meal here last week of the meze variety, it was excellent.
the warm greeting when we arrived, how immaculate it looked both inside and out.
the local wine was very nice and served in one of those copper pots, infact the wine was very very nice.
the food was lovely, altho for the life of me i cant remember what we had, i know we had the lamb ribs, coz rob didnt stop raving about them for days, and the salad.
the view was amazing as we sat and watched the sun go down. nobody rushing you.
the staff were very good, even tho this restaurant was not full it was starting to fill up very nicely after we had been sat there an hour or so. attention to detail was excellent, no body hovering round us, but when they saw an empty plate they immediatly came over and removed it, asking if all was ok, and did we require further drinks.
all in all we had a 100% great experience all for less than 40 euro, would deffo visit again, and will do so in may when we go again.
this restaurant in my opinion has succeeded where others fail by way of excellant cusine AND amazing customer service not many tend to get it just right, but for us couldnt fault anything. thank you all very much

Heraklion, Greece
“For me the best restaurant in Agios Nikolaos”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I think that Chrysofyllis is the best restaurant in Agios Nikolaos. I've been there 4 times and I've never had any bad experience. The service is good, people are kind, the view to the beach of Kitroplatia is very nice, the restaurant is very nicely decorated and the food is ... AMAZING!
I loved the menus that were like a drawing portrait.
Do not lose plates with apaki (Cretan ham), meliasto and "saganaki kantaifi"

• Visited August 2012
Italy
“A very nice restaurant”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We decided to taste this restaurant following our book guide. Good service. The restaurant was very clean and good located, the high quality of food did the rest. To recommend.