Lato definitely offers good value for money: clean rooms with airco and free wireless, very friendly service, decent breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms are small though, and could do with a slight make-over. But then again, you're on Crete, so not need to stay locked in longer than necessary.
There's a small pool we didn't use, and several (small) beaches are within walking distance. You may want to consider renting a car though, as the best beaches are a bit further out, and the area is well-worth exploring. Parking is easy, as Lato offers a spacious (and free) parking.
The hotel is nicely situated, about 2 km outside Agios Nikolaos (which makes for a nice walk, apart from the last 500 m. or so which is along the way to Elounda), overlooking Mirabello bay and parts of the city. Try to book a room with seaview (i.e. first & second floor), it's worth the few euros more.
Highly recommended when you're looking for a no-frills hotel with a laid-back atmosphere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy, attractive hotel set in beautiful surrounding gardens overlooking the Mirabello bay. It reflects the charm and peacefulness of the countryside, while the resort is within 15 minutes walking distance. A great friendly family hotel that ensures a more enjoyable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lato Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lato Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Lato Agios Nikolaos
- Lato Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos