We took 2 junior ‘suites’ in August, which weren’t cheap considering there was nothing 'suite' about them - just basic rooms. We have come away feeling that this is not a 5 star hotel. Its a package holiday resort with a fat price tag, nothing more.
The WIFI was poor, reception kept telling us it was good when it clearly wasn't - when you are faced with that sort of blanket response to a complaint, it really is a recipe for disaster. Asking for anything during our stay seemed to be too much trouble, on one occasion we asked for a menu to order some food in the rooms and the receptionist literally tossed it at us, we chose some items and were then told that none of them were available at that time. The whole trip just felt like a rip off - the location is lovely, the staff need retraining. There are other reviews on here that have the same complaints, trying harder would be the intelligent thing to do, decent customer service= happy travellers. The hotel would be good to accept the criticism and strive to improve rather than write a reply where they attempt to whitewash my complaints with the same generic answers I have seen elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos